BASEBALL American League
* DETROIT TIGERS -- Agreed to terms with Jody Hurst and Riccardo Ingram, outfielders; Rico Brogna, first baseman; and John Kiely, Dan Gakeler and John Doherty, pitchers, on one-year contracts.
* MINNESOTA TWINS -- Agreed to terms with Scott Erickson, pitcher, on a one-year contract.
* SEATTLE MARINERS -- Agreed to terms with Gene Harris and Mike Remlinger, pitchers, on one-year contracts.
* TEXAS RANGERS -- Agreed to terms with Scott Chiamparino, pitcher; Ivan Rodriguez, catcher, and Dean Palmer, third baseman, on one-year contracts.
* CHICAGO CUBS -- Agreed to terms with Ryne Sandberg, second baseman, on a four-year contract extension through 1996.
* CINCINNATI REDS -- Extended the contract of Bob Quinn, general manager, through Oct. 1.
* LOS ANGELES DODGERS -- Agreed to terms with Rudy Seanez, pitcher; Henry Rodriguez, outfielder; and Eric Karros, Jose Offerman and Dave Hansen, infielders, on one-year contracts.
* ST. LOUIS CARDINALS -- Agreed to terms with Cris Carpenter and Rheal Cormier , pitchers, on one-year contracts.
BASKETBALL National Basketball Association
* NBA -- Fined Sacramento guard Dennis Hopson $3,000 and New York guard John Starks $2,000 for their altercaton during a game in Sacramento last Thursday.
* BOSTON CELTICS -- Placed Rickey Green, guard, on the injured list.
United States Basketball League
* ATLANTA EAGLES -- Named Al Outlaw coach.
FOOTBALL World League of American Football
* BIRMINGHAM FIRE -- Released Tim Smiley, safety.
* SAN ANTONIO RIDERS -- Released Scott Martin, defensive end.
GOLF Professional Golf Assoiation
* PGA -- Named Joe Walser, Jr. chief operating officer of PGA TOUR Investments, Inc.
HOCKEY National Hockey League
* MINNESOTA NORTH STARS -- Assigned Jon Casey, goaltender, to Kalamazoo of the International Hockey League for four games. Recalled Larry Dyck, goaltender, from Kalamazoo.
* NEW JERSEY DEVILS -- Called up Jarrod Skalde, center, from Utica of American Hockey League. Assigned Jason Miller and Bill Guerin, forwards, to Utica.
* NEW YORK ISLANDERS -- Recalled Danny Lorenz, goaltender, from Capital District of the American Hockey League.
* WORLD CUP USA 1994 -- Named John Griffin senior press officer.
* SUN BELT CONFERENCE -- Announced that New Orleans forfeited its Feb. 27 victory over Louisiana Tech because it used an ineligible player.
* CENTRAL WASHINGTON -- Announced the resignation of Mike Dunbar, football coach. Promoted Jeff Zenisek, assistant coach, to head coach.
* GEORGIA -- Dismissed Willie Jennings, defensive tackle, from the football team for disciplinary reasons.
* KENT -- Announced the resignation of Jim McDonald, basketball coach, effective at the end of the season.
* NORTHERN MONTANA -- Named Teresa Heck women's volleyball coach.
* SACRAMENTO STATE -- Announced the contract of Joseph Anders, men's basketball coach, will not be renewed at the end of the season.
* TEXAS-ARLINGTON -- Suspended Jerry Isler, women's basketball coach, for one game for striking a heckler following a Feb. 20 game at McNeese State.