Angelo Palmisano, former delegate, businessman, diesA Mass...


February 25, 1992

Angelo Palmisano, former delegate, businessman, dies

A Mass of Christian burial for Angelo F. Palmisano, a retired businessman who was active in Democratic politics and served four years in the Maryland House of Delegates, will be offered at 10 a.m. tomorrow at Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church in Towson.

Mr. Palmisano, who was 75, died Saturday of cancer at his home in Lutherville.

He retired more than 20 years ago as owner of Hick's Auto Service, a body and fender repair business that he began in 1960.

For 15 years before that, he was a partner in the Walter H. Hicks Lincoln-Mercury dealership. He had also worked for a brief time at a gasoline station owned by a brother.

The native of the Oldtown section of East Baltimore had worked in two other family businesses: a fruit and produce business at Belair Market and a coal hauling company. After his retirement from the automobile business, he worked briefly as a food broker and in traffic control equipment sales.

As a Baltimore resident he had been a member of the Northeast Democratic Organization and served on the boards of the Northwood and Heatherfield associations. He served in the House from 1962 to 1966.

From 1975 to 1989, he was chairman of the Board of Review of the state Department of Agriculture. At the time of his death, he was on the board of the Uninsured Employers Fund, which handles workmen's compensation claims.

In the late 1930s, he worked for the Mutual Chemical Co. of America and in the 1940s for the Glenn L. Martin Co. and the Bendix Radio Division of the Bendix Corp. While at Bendix, he was awarded an Army-Navy "E" in recognition of his work.

Mr. Palmisano was educated at Calvert Hall College, the Johns Hopkins University and what is now the New Community College of Baltimore.

He was a member of the Engineering Society of Baltimore and the Second Thursday Sportsmen's Club.

His wife, the former Adelaide R. Giardina, died in 1989.

He is survived by two daughters, Agatha M.L. Jones of Towson and Angela M. Kisnick of Perry Hall; a son, Charles H. Fuller Jr. of Cub Hill; a brother, Samuel F. Palmisano of Rosedale; a sister, Concetta Comeaux of Baltimore; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.

Services for Beunus E. Kinney, an electrical engineer who retired at the end of last year from the Westinghouse plant at Baltimore-Washington International Airport, will be held at noon tomorrow at the Leroy M. and Russell C. Witzke Funeral Home, 5555 Twin Knolls Road, Columbia.

Mr. Kinney, who was 67, died Sunday of a heart ailment at his home on Hayshed Lane in Columbia.

His 13 years with the company included service in Iran at the time of the Islamic revolution of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Earlier, he worked for the General Electric Co. in Syracuse, N.Y., and Concrete, N.D.; for Nortronics Inc. in Norwood, Mass.; for the General Motors Corp. in Milwaukee; and for the Boeing Co. in Seattle.

A native of Wheeling, W.Va., he was a graduate of the Illinois Institute of Technology and did graduate work at the University of California at Berkeley. He was a navigator in the Army Air Forces during World War II.

His interests included camping and travel. His last trip abroad was to Finland, Sweden and Norway above the Arctic Circle last summer.

He is survived by his wife, the former Lois Jones; a daughter, Marcia Kinney of Columbia; and two brothers, Wilkes Kinney of Huntington, W.Va., and Edgar F. Kinney of Chicago.

J. Paul Jones

BG&E supervisor

Services for J. Paul Jones, retired general supervisor of industrial gas sales for the Baltimore Gas and Electric Co., will be held at 10:30 p.m. tomorrow at Pritts Funeral Home in Westminster.

Mr. Jones died Sunday of congestive heart failure at the age of 84 at his home in Westminster.

He retired in 1973 after working 48 years for BG&E.

Born in Glyndon, he was a graduate of Franklin High School and studied at the Johns Hopkins University.

During World War II and again during the Korean War, he served as an engineering officer in the Navy, overseeing ship construction and repair. He retired from the Naval Reserve as a captain in 1968.

Named to the Hall of Flame of the American Gas Association, the registered engineer was a member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers, the Reserve Officers Association and the Naval Institute.

He attended Westminster United Methodist Church.

His first wife, the former Mildred Wosch, died in 1958.

He is survived by his wife, the former Bernice Keefer; two sons, Alan D. Jones of Dunkirk and Brian D. Jones of Cockeysville; nine grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.

The family suggested memorial contributions to the Carroll County General Hospital.

Donald P. Keck, a Baltimore native who was a retired underwriting manager in the Richmond, Va., office of the USF&G Corp., died Jan. 29 of cancer at a Richmond Hospital. He was 57.

Mr. Keck had homes in Richmond and on the Rappahannock River in Center Cross, Va. He retired in November after 35 years with the company.

He was a graduate of Mount St. Joseph High School.

He is survived by his wife, the former Barbara Hood; five sons, Donald P. Keck Jr. of Ashland, Va., and Stephen B., Stewart D., Michael S. and Craig R. Keck, all of Richmond; his mother, Anne O'Conner Keck of Baltimore; a sister, Judith Watts of Baltimore; a brother, Robert Keck of Catonsville; and two grandchildren.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.