BASEBALL American League
* DETROIT TIGERS -- Agreed to terms with Mike Henneman, pitcher, on a one-year contract.
* KANSAS CITY ROYALS -- Agreed to terms with David Howard, shortstop, and Mike Magnante, pitcher, on one-year contracts.
* MILWAUKKEE BREWERS -- Agreed to terms with Darren Holmes and Kevin Brown, pitchers, on one-year contracts.
* NEW YORK YANKEES -- Agreed to terms with Lee Guetterman, pitcher, on a one-year contract.
* CHICAGO CUBS -- Agreed to terms with Chuck McElroy, pitcher, and George Pedre, catcher, on one-year contracts.
* CINCINNATI REDS -- Agreed to terms with Chris Hammond, Gino Minutelli and Ross Powell, pitchers, and Freddie Benavides, infielder, on one-year contracts.
* COLORADO ROCKIES -- Signed Mauricio Gonzalez, shortstop, and assigned him to Mesa of the Arizona League.
BASKETBALL National Basketball Association
* CHARLOTTE HORNETS -- Waived Cedric Hunter, guard.
* GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS -- Signed Kenny Battle, forward, to a second 10-day contract.
FOOTBALL National Football League
* DETROIT LIONS -- Signed Greg Jones, quarterback, and Jack Linn, offensive tackle.
* TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS -- Agreed to terms with Dan Stryzinski, punter.
HOCKEY National Hockey League
* NHL -- Fined Brian Bellows, Minnesota North Stars wing, $500 for complaining to the media about the officiating after a game on Feb. 5.
* MINNESOTA NORTH STARS -- Recalled Richard Matvichuk, defenseman, from Saskatoon of the Western Hockey League.
* SAN JOSE SHARKS -- Signed Tom Pederson, defenseman, and assigned him to Kansas City of the International Hockey League. Recalled Dale Craigwell, center, and Jean-Francois Quintin, left wing, from Kansas City.
* ST. LOUIS BLUES -- Recalled Pat Jablonski, goaltender, from Peoria of the International Hockey League. Sent Guy Hebert, goaltender, to Peoria.
* DREXEL -- Named Randy Voigt and Lowry Wear assistant directors of men's athletics.
* SAN DIEGO STATE -- Promoted Bret Ingalls, offensive line coach, to offensive coordinator.
* WIDENER -- Named Bruce D. Bryde athletic director, effective March 6.