A 44-year-old man trying to rescue two occupants of a burning West Baltimore rowhouse last night was seriously injured when he became trapped by the blaze.
Western District police said Reginald Everett, a resident of the house in the 2200 block of Division St., suffered second-degree burns of the legs and arms and severe smoke inhalation and was taken to the Maryland Shock-Trauma Center. He was listed in serious condition today.
Mr. Everett's daughter, Tamaika, 12, and a woman eventually were rescued by firefighters from the second floor of the rowhouse.
Police said Mr. Everett's daughter was not injured and was placed with relatives.
Marjorie Moore, 49, was taken by ambulance to the University of Maryland Medical Center, where she was listed today in stable condition with burns and smoke inhalation.