COPPIN STATE (10-6)
* WHAT'S AHEAD: Delaware State at Coppin Center tomorrow (7:30 p.m.); at Howard Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: The Eagles fell out of a first-place tie in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference with Saturday's 66-64 loss at home to Howard . . . The loss also snapped Coppin's six-game winning streak, as well as a two-year, 22-game home MEAC victory skein.
* WHAT'S AHEAD: Canisius at Reitz Arena tonight (7:30, WCAO-AM 600); St. Peter's at Reitz Arena Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: The Greyhounds begin a four-game home stand tonight over a 10-day span, after playing three straight on the road . . . Loyola beat Canisius, 88-80, on Jan. 17 in Niagara Falls . . . Senior Kevin Green scored 23 in Loyola's 71-63 loss to Fairfield Saturday. Green has 1,919 career points, placing him 280 behind Jim Lacy for the all-time school record.
* WHAT'S AHEAD: At Virginia Wednesday.
* FASTBREAKS: After playing seven games in 20 days, the Terps will play just two games in the next 10 days . . . Maryland snapped an eight-game losing streak Saturday with an 84-71 win over Clemson . . . Junior Kevin McLinton had a career-high 24 points to go along with six assists and four rebounds . . . Senior Walt Williams scored 30 points in his fifth straight ACC game, a conference record.
MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE (1-16)
* WHAT'S AHEAD: Lincoln (Pa.) tomorrow (7:30 p.m.); South Carolina State Saturday, both at Tawes Gymnasium.
* FASTBREAKS: Let the champagne flow! The Hawks got their first win of the season Saturday night, beating Morgan State, 74-62, at home. Marlin Kimbrew led the team with 21 points . . . UMES continues a five-game homestand with tomorrow's match against Lincoln.
MORGAN STATE (2-16)
* WHAT'S AHEAD: Howard at Hill Field House tonight (7:30).
* FASTBREAKS: Brandon Parker scored 16 points in Saturday's 74-62 loss to UMES . . . The Bears will be at home for four of their next five games. Their only "road" contest is a game next week at Coppin State.
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (5-13)
* WHAT'S AHEAD: At Towson State tonight (7:30, WITH-AM 1230, WTMD-FM 89.7, WQSI-AM 820); at St. Francis (N.Y.) Thursday; at Long Island Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: The Mountaineers have won two in a row, both at home, including a 72-63 victory over Robert Morris, the Northeast Conference leader, Thursday . . . Tonight's Towson game is a rematch of December's Beltway Classic consolation game in which Kevin Booth scored 36 to lead the Mount over the Tigers, 91-77.
* WHAT'S AHEAD: Lafayette at Alumni Hall Wednesday; at Fordham Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: The Midshipmen have dropped four straight and are winless in five tries in the Patriot League . . . Army beat Navy, 64-56, Saturday in West Point, N.Y., for only the second time in the last 13 meetings . . . The 56 points were the lowest offensive output of the year for the Mids, who had averaged nearly 76 points per game.
TOWSON STATE (5-11)
* WHAT'S AHEAD: Mount St. Mary's at the Towson Center tonight (7:30); Brooklyn Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: The Tigers closed out a mammoth 10-game road trip Saturday, beating Central Connecticut, 93-54, their largest victory margin in three seasons . . . Towson will play seven of their last 12 games at home . . . Senior Chuck Lightening, who with Terrance Jacobs had 26 points Saturday, became the 15th player in school history to score more than 1,000 points in his career. Lightening has 1,009 points.
* WHAT'S AHEAD: Bucknell at UMBC Field House tonight (7:35, WERQ-AM 1010); Buffalo Saturday.
* FASTBREAKS: UMBC has won two straight East Coast Conference road games, including the 78-75 win over Brooklyn . . . Skip Saunders is averaging 21.5 points in his last two games, including a 30-point performance against Buffalo last Wednesday . . . Bucknell knocked off the Retrievers, 97-83, in November.
No. 1 Maryland (16-1) hosts Georgia Tech tonight (7:30) and North Carolina State Saturday after beating Duke last Friday . . . Towson State (6-9) dropped a 66-63 decision to Central Connecticut Saturday . . . UMBC (5-11) scored the last seven points of the game to beat Brooklyn, 58-55, Saturday . . . Navy (8-7) lost its third straight to Army, 72-45, Saturday at West Point . . . Coppin State (8-11) turned back Howard 68-60 . . . Morgan State (6-9) was beaten by UMES (9-6), 52-42.
DIVISION II AND III
* FASTBREAKS: Johns Hopkins (14-1) turned back Haverford, 81-55, Saturday night to run their win streak to three . . . Washington (8-9) dropped its second straight, losing to Swarthmore, 78-77, on a four-point play with four seconds left Saturday . . . Salisbury (14-1) set a school record with its 13th straight win, a 79-66 victory over Cabrini . . . Frostburg (9-9) won its third game in its last four, beating Mary Washington, 70-60.