County by county, here are the roads that would receive accelerated maintenance this year under an $88 million proposal by Gov. William Donald Schaefer:
* Route 231 between Route 5 and Bucktown Road, resurface.
* U.S. 50 between Big Mill Pond and Linkwood, resurface.
* U.S. 50 from Route 16 to the railroad crossing in Linkwood, resurface.
* U.S. 301 north from Queen Anne's County line 2.4 miles, mill and resurface.
@4 * Route 213 from Galena to Route 298, resurface.
* U.S. 40 at Linden Avenue and U.S. 15 at U.S. 340, interchange improvements.
* Catoctin Mountain Highway from Liberty Road to Angleberger Road, safety and resurface.
* U.S. 40 at Hillcrest Drive, interchange improvements.
* Catoctin Mountain Highway southbound between Putman Road to Catoctin Hollow Road, resurface with popcorn mix.
* Interstate 70 from Route 144 to Ijamsville Road, seal.
* U.S. 495 from New Germany to Rock Lodge, resurfacing.
2& * U.S. 219 in Accident, resurface.
* Old Georgetown Road between Wisconsin Avenue and Interstate 495 (Capital Beltway) exits, safety and resurface.
* Rockville Pike between Norbeck Road and Randolph Road, safety and resurface.
* Capital Beltway between Rockville Pike and Greentree Road, safety and resurface.
* Bradley Boulevard from Wisconsin Avenue to Goldsboro Road, resurface.
* Wisconsin Avenue between East West Highway and Jones Bridge Road, resurface.
* PRINCE GEORGE'S
* East-West Highway between U.S. 1 and 62nd Place, safety and resurface.
* Capital Beltway northbound between Branch Avenue and U.S. 50.
* Martin Luther King Jr. Highway from the D.C. line to Hill Road, resurface.
* Queens Chapel Road from East West Highway to Lancer Drive, resurface.
* Bowie Road from Baltimore-Washington Parkway to Route 198, resurface.
* QUEEN ANNE'S
* Sudlersville-Goldsboro Road between Barclay Road and Elevator Road, safety and resurface.
* U.S. 301 south from Hope Road to Price Station Road, resurface.
* ST. MARY'S
* Route 5 southbound lane from Halfway to 1.5 miles north, resurface.
* Route 4 between Kingston Creek to 1 mile south, resurface.
* U.S. 13 from Wicomico County line to Route 675, resurface.
* U.S. 50 between Route 404 and Route 662-C, safety and resurface.
* U.S. 50 from Barbara Road in Trappe for .34 miles, safety and resurface.
* Route 33 from New Road to Dodson Street, resurface.
* Lappans Road from U.S. 40 to west of Ridge Road, safety and resurface.
* Interstate 81 from the West Virginia line to Halfway Boulevard, resurface with popcorn mix.
* Rohrersville Road from U.S. 340 to Gapland Road, safety and resurface.
* Interstate 70 between Conocoheague Creek to west of Interstate 81, resurface.
* Willards Whiton Road from .3 miles north of Powellville to U.S. 50, resurface.
* U.S. 50 from Old Bradley Road to Barren Creek Bridge, resurface.
* Route 12 from U.S. 133 to Girdletree, resurface.
* Route 376 from Trappe Creek Road to Route 611, resurface.
* U.S. 113 from south of Basketswitch to Goody Hill Road, resurface.