State transportation authorities advise motorists that this construction will affect motorists using state roadways and toll facilities this week:
* U.S. 1 northbound -- From Miller Road to Sheradale Drive, traffic has been switched to the new three-lane roadway while the southbound lanes are being reconstructed. There will be daily two-lane traffic southbound until noon, after which traffic will be reversed to two lanes northbound. A concrete barrier prevents left turns to and from Miller Road.
* Interstate 95 North -- Single-lane closures northbound 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. from the Beltway to White Marsh Boulevard. Single-lane closures southbound 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. during the week from White Marsh Boulevard to the Beltway and on Saturday from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Some closures in both directions from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Speed limit is 45 mph through the area.
* I-95 (John F. Kennedy Memorial Highway) -- Possible single-lane closures 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. northbound and southbound lanes between White Marsh Boulevard and Stepney Road. Possible two-lane closures from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
* I-95 (John F. Kennedy Memorial Highway) -- All week, from sunrise to sunset, one lane will be closed in each direction on the Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge.
* U.S. 40 East -- Today through Friday on the Thomas J. Hatem Memorial Bridge, one lane will be closed in each direction during non-peak hours for sandblasting and painting.
* U.S. 1 Northbound -- Beginning Jan. 16 for about three weeks, one lane of U.S. 1 at Penn Avenue will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for maintenance work.
* Beltway (Interstate 695), inner and outer loops -- Expect delays and single lane closures from Belair Road to Perring Parkway from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. during bridge construction. Two lanes may be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for construction work.
* U.S. 50 Interchange at Rowe Boulevard (Md. 70) -- The last two interchange ramps have been opened: eastbound U.S. 50 to northbound Rowe Boulevard by a left turn at a new traffic signal at Rowe; and southbound Rowe to eastbound U.S. 50 by making a left turn at the same signal. The State Highway Administration said the ramps will improve access to and from Bestgate Road and eastbound U.S. 50.