15-year-old Reports Rape, Kidnapping

She Says Three Men Pulled Her Into Car

January 10, 1992|By Kris Antonelli | Kris Antonelli,Staff writer

A 15-year-old girl told police three men kidnapped her Wednesday night, drove her around for about an hour while one man raped her, then took her to a Gambrills home where she was raped again before being released.

According to police, the 15-year-old had gone to the Spa Cove apartments in Annapolis at about 9 p.m. to visit a friend. The friend's mother told the girl her friend was asleep, and she left.

As she was walking across the parking lot, three men in a white car with Maryland license plates asked her for directions.

"As she got close to the car, they grabbed her and pulled her in," said Sgt. Robert Jaschik of the county police Sex Offense Unit.

Jaschik saidthe men drove her around as one of them raped her in the back of thecar.

"She does not know where they drove her because she was downon the floor of the car," he said.

After they arrived at an unknown address in Gambrills, he said, the same man raped her again. Afterabout two hours, she was thrown out of the house.

"She walked to a phone booth in Crofton and called two friends," Jaschik said.

Police received the call to pick the girl up at the Jiffy Lube on Route3 about 3:30 a.m. yesterday.

"She stayed on the phone until she called us," Jaschik said.

She described the rapist as a black man wearing a black sweat suit. She could not provide a description of theother men.

In an unrelated incident, Annapolis City police charged Kelroy Williamson, 23, with attempted first-degree sex offense after a 35-year-old woman said he forced her into a car on West Washington Street at 1:30 a.m. yesterday. She escaped by jumping out of the moving car and running to a gas station for help, police said.

The incident began about 1:30 a.m. yesterday, when two men in a Ford Granada pulled up to the woman on West Washington Street and forced her into the car at gunpoint, police reports said.

One of the men threatened her with a machete and tried to force her to have oral sex with him as they were driving down West Street. The woman jumped out of the car as it was slowing to make a turn and ran screaming to a gas station for help, police reported.

Annapolis city officers later picked up Williamson, of the 800 block Old Annapolis Road in Annapolis, and James Purnell Brown, 27, of the unit block of Carver Street in Annapolis.

Williamson also was charged with assault and use of a deadly weapon with intent to injure, police said.

Brown was charged with kidnapping, police said.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.