He had done volunteer work at senior centers, including the Waxter Center and Union Memorial Hospital.
Before he retired and moved here from Robesonia, Pa., about 15 years ago, he was assistant to the president of Caron Spinning Co., a thread company with which he had been associated since the late 1940s.
During World War II, he was a Red Cross field director at Fort Sill, Okla., before serving in the U.S. Navy.
A native of St. Louis, he graduated from Washington University there in 1931.
He is survived by his wife of 55 years, the former Mary Virginia Corrigan; two sons, Daniel O'Connell Tracy Jr. of Baltimore and George P. Tracy of Centreville, Va.; two daughters, Mary Burch Ford of Milton, Mass., and Virginia R. Perkins of Fort Smith, Ark.; a brother, Joseph F. Tracy of Richmond, Va.; two sisters, Betty T. Parker of Indian Harbor Beach, Fla., and Peggy T. deVlaming of Buena Park, Calif.; and 11 grandchildren.
The family suggested memorial contributions to the Caron Foundation, which operates an alcoholism rehabilitation center in Wernersville, Pa.
Rev. John J. Blandin
A Mass of Christian burial for the Rev. John J. Blandin, S.J., who taught at Loyola High School and headed a Jesuit province in India, will be offered at 11 a.m. today at St. Alphonsus Rodriguez Roman Catholic Church, 10800 Old Court Road, Woodstock.
Father Blandin, who was 78, died Monday at a retirement home in Flourtown, Pa., of cancer and respiratory disease.
FTC From 1978 until last fall, he had been associate pastor of St. Patrick's Church in York, Pa., and in the six years before that, he held the same post at churches in Middletown, Pa., and Gettysburg, Pa.
From 1968 until 1972, he worked at Jesuit mission bureaus, first in Philadelphia, then in Washington.
For 20 years before that, he had been assigned to Jesuit missions in the Jamshedpur, India, area, becoming regional superior in 1955, then the first provincial a year later. He held that post until 1962.
In 1939 and 1940, as a scholastic before his ordination, he taught chemistry at Loyola High School, then continued the same work at Gonzaga High School in Washington until 1942.
A native of Akron, Ohio, he attended Georgetown University for two years before entering the Jesuit novitiate at Poughkeepsie, N.Y., in 1933.
He also studied at Weston School of Theology in Cambridge, Mass., and at Woodstock College before his ordination in 1945 and served as an assistant pastor at St. Aloysius Church in Washington before beginning his work in India.
NB He is survived by a brother, Victor A. Blandin of Norfolk, Va.
Frank E. Curran Sr.
Frank Edie Curran Sr., a former hosiery company owner and executive who lived in the Baltimore area for more than 10 years, died Wednesday at College Manor in Lutherville of complications to the flu.
Mr. Curran, who was 90, lived in the Broadview Apartments before moving to College Manor seven years ago.
He was a partner in the Greensboro, N.C., Hosiery Mill from its founding in 1927 until he sold his interest in the early 1940s. He became treasurer of the company that manufactured Mojud stockings, retiring in 1950 after being struck by lightning while on a golf course in Detroit.
A native of Philadelphia, he graduated from the Haverford School andYale University.
He was an active golfer for many years, helping the Greensboro Country Club to expand its course to 18 holes.
Before moving to Baltimore, he lived in retirement in Miami.
His wife, the former Alice Leas Van Lennep, died in 1968.
He is survived by two sons, George W. Curran II of Annapolis and Frank Edie Curran Jr. of Ruxton; a brother, William G. Curran of Grosse Point, Mich.; five grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
;/ Private services were planned for Mr. Curran.
Harriet E. Morrison
Services for Harriet Evelyn Morrison, a longtime resident of Towson who was active in community groups, will be held at 10 a.m. today at the Mitchell-Wiedefeld Home, 6500 York Road.
Mrs. Morrison, who was 86, died Sunday at her home in Towson of complications to cancer and the flu.
The former Harriet Raymond was a native of New York City and worked as a secretary there after her graduation from high school in 1923.
In 1935, she married James Benjamin Morrison, who owned Hopkins Stevedoring before his death in 1982.
They moved to the Baltimore area in 1956 and she was a co-founder of the Maryland chapter of the Women's Maritime Association and a member of garden and community groups.
She is survived by a granddaughter, Lynn Parks of Towson; and two great granddaughters, Nicole Parks of Towson and Jessica Morrison of Jarrettsville.