Herman Feldmann, retired executive, is dead at 96
Services for Herman A. Feldmann, a retired executive, will be held at 11 a.m. tomorrow at Ascension Evangelical Lutheran Church, 7601 York Road, Towson.
Mr. Feldmann, who was 96, died Monday after a long illness at his Roland Park home.
He had attended public schools in Baltimore and studied at the Johns Hopkins University, then graduated from the Pace School of Accounting in 1920.
In 1917, he enlisted in the Navy and was commissioned an ensign in the pay corps during World War I.
After the war, he became an assistant secretary-treasurer of Fidelity Securities Corp. of Maryland. He later joined the investment firm of Mackubin, Goodrich & Co., where he stayed for 20 years.
In 1942, Mr. Feldmann returned to active duty in the Navy as a supply officer of a naval depot in Norfolk, Va. He later oversaw a supply operation at Pearl Harbor and served on the islands of Kwajalein and Guam. He was awarded the Bronze Star.
In 1946, he became vice president and director of Geyer and Co. of New York, specialists in bank and insurance company stocks.
He returned to Baltimore in 1953 and became manager of public relations for the Maryland Shipbuilding and Drydock Co. He retired from the company in 1960, but later served as vice president of the National Union Mortgage Corp. and as administrator for the receivers of five savings and loan associations during reorganization.
Mr. Feldmann was a member of the Grachur Club, a men's group at Grace Methodist Church, and of the Baltimore Country Club, where he was senior golf chairman for many years.
He belonged to the Propeller Club of the United States, a group that promotes the maritime industry, and the Merchants Club of Baltimore. He also was a member of the Ascension Evangelical Lutheran Church and a supporter of many Baltimore cultural and educational institutions.
Mr. Feldmann's first wife, the former Marion McCormick, died in 1969.
He is survived by his wife of 20 years, Marie Ruzicka Gross Feldmann of Lutherville; a grandson, William R. Price of California; a granddaughter, Ann M. Price of Baltimore; and a great-granddaughter.
Adam Pellicot Jr.
Owned Doc's deli
Services for Adam Pellicot Jr., a Florida real estate agent who ran a Northeast Baltimore delicatessen for many years, will be held today at the Bee Ridge Presbyterian Church in Sarasota, Fla.
Mr. Pellicot died Sunday at the Sarasota Memorial Hospital of lung disease. He was 61.
He took over Doc's delicatessen after his father retired in 1953 and ran the carryout at the corner of Mannasota and Chesterfield avenues for 15 years. He sold the delicatessen in 1968 and moved to Florida, where he became a real estate agent.
Mr. Pellicot was born in East Baltimore and attended Baltimore public schools, graduating from the Baltimore Polytechnic Institute in 1946.
He served in the Maryland National Guard as a dental technician in the dental division, eventually reaching the rank of master sergeant.
Mr. Pellicot was a member of the Masonic Order's Oriental Lodge No. 158 in Baltimore.
An active member of many classic and antique car clubs, he was an avid toy car collector and classic car restorer. He was particularly proud of a 1931 Packard that won a national award eight years ago given by the Antique Automobile Club of America.
He was also well-versed in the early history of the Sarasota area and frequently gave talks to local clubs and organizations.
He is survived by his wife of 38 years, the former Dolores Harris of Sarasota; three daughters, Victoria Miller of Johnson City, Tenn., Cynthia Albritton and Teresa Roehlig, both of Sarasota; a son, Brian Pellicot of Sarasota; a sister, Evora Loux of Fallston; three granddaughters; and two grandsons.
The family suggests memorial donations to a favorite charity.