State transportation authorities advise motorists that construction will affect motorists using state roadways and toll facilities this week:
* U.S. 1 northbound -- From Miller Road to Sheradale Drive, traffic has been switched to the new three-lane roadway while the southbound lanes are being reconstructed. Through Jan. 6, one northbound lane and two southbound lanes will be open.
* Interstate 95 North -- Single-lane closures northbound 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. from the Beltway to White Marsh Boulevard. Single-lane closures southbound 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. during the week from White Marsh Boulevard to the Beltway and on Saturday from 6 to 11 a.m. Some closures in both directions from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. during the week. Speed limit is 45 mph through the area.
* Beltway (Interstate 695), inner and outer loops -- Expect delays from Belair Road to Perring Parkway from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. during bridge construction. Two lanes may be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for construction work.
* Md. 32/Gambrills Road -- Until spring, Gambrills Road over Md. 32 will be closed for construction of a bridge. Detours are posted.
* U.S. 50/U.S. 301 -- A new traffic pattern is in effect eastbound at Cape St. Claire Road requiring a right turn using Exit 29-B. Advance guide signs are in place.
Most road construction will be suspended at noon tomorrow for the New Year's Day holiday and resume Thursday, according to the State Highway Administration.
No lane closures are in effect for any of the toll facilities this week, the Maryland Transportation Authority reports.