Service offered for fire victims DDB

December 27, 1991

Services were held Tuesday at Bishop Cummins Memorial Church for two children who died in a Dec. 20 house fire in Southwest Baltimore.

Hermon Kibrom, 2, and Filmon Kibrom, 6, died after a fire broke out in the family's Cape Cod-style home in the 5000 block of Parkton Street. Fire Department officials said the blaze began when sparks from a fireplace ignited the living room rug.

Hermon and Filmon were born in the United States to an Eritrean couple who had fled civil war in their homeland 11 years ago and endured life in a Sudanese refugee camp for four years. Eritrea is a province of Ethiopia.

Filmon was a first-grader at Beechfield Elementary School. The fire left the family virtually homeless, a family friend said.

The children are survived by their mother, Selam Neguse, and their father, Kibrom Fisesshai.

Donations to the Kibrom Family Fund may be sent to the Bishop Cummins Memorial Church, 2001 Frederick Road, Baltimore 21228-5599.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.