Neon sign donated to City Life Museums

COMMERCIAL REALTY NOTES

December 25, 1991|By Edward Gunts

The United Sanitary Chemical Co., a Baltimore-based operation since 1930, will donate a sign that it has used for advertising for the past 43 years to the Baltimore City Life Museums during a ceremony tomorrow at the museum.

Made of neon and porcelain enamel, the sign originally featured a flashing figure whose mop moved back and forth.

It has hung near the northeast corner of Howard Street and North Avenue for 33 years.

Triangle Sign Co., creator of the sign, has agreed to deliver it to the City Life Museums' warehouse so it can be restored and eventually displayed.

*

Around the region:

* T. Rowe Price Associates Inc. has opened a new walk-in Investor Center at 101 E. Lombard St., part of the base of the new 100 E. Pratt St. office tower. Designed to serve the firm's 65,000 shareholders in the Baltimore area, the Investor Center replaces a similar facility that was located on the Pratt Street side of the same building.

Price has a similar center at 10090 Red Run Boulevard in Owings Mills.

* Walker & Dunlop arranged $1.615 million in permanent mortgage financing for the Woodley Gardens Shopping Center, 1101-1117 Nelson St. in Rockville. Confederation Life Insurance Co. of Toronto provided the financing.

* The Baltimore chapter of the American Institute of Architects will hold a reception Jan. 2 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. to mark the opening of a monthlong exhibit entitled "Black Women in Architecture."

The AIA gallery is located at 11 1/2 W. Chase St. in Mount Vernon, lower level.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.