BASEBALL American League
* Orioles -- Traded Bob Melvin (catcher) to the Kansas City Royals for Storm Davis (pitcher).
* Kansas City Royals -- Assigned Domingo Mota (second baseman) to Baseball City of the Florida State League.
* Minnesota Twins -- Extended the contract of Tom Kelly (manager) for two years. Named Joel Lepel, Brad Wietzel and Scott Groot scouts.
* Toronto Blue Jays -- Signed Kent Anderson (infielder), Julian Yan (first baseman) and Butch Davis (outfielder) to minor league contracts. Named Joe Siers midwest scouting supervisor.
* Cincinnati Reds -- Traded John Wetteland and Bill Risley (pitchers) to the Montreal Expos for Dave Martinez (outfielder), Scott Ruskin (pitcher) and Willie Greene (infielder).
* Florida Marlins -- Reached a one-year player development agreement with Erie of the New York-Penn League for 1992. Named Fredi Gonzalez manager of Erie.
* Los Angeles Dodgers -- Traded Chris Gwynn (outfielder) and Domingo Mota (second baseman) to the Kansas City Royals for Todd Benzinger (first baseman-outfielder).
* New York Mets -- Traded Kevin McReynolds (outfielder), Greg Jefferies (third baseman) and Keith Miller (second baseman) to the Kansas City Royals for Bret Saberhagen (pitcher) and Bill Pecota (second baseman). Acquired Steve Rosenberg (pitcher) from the San Diego Padres for Jeff Gardner (infielder).
* Philadelphia Phillies -- Traded Bruce Ruffin (pitcher) to the Milwaukee Brewers for Dale Sveum (infielder).
* San Francisco Giants -- Traded Kevin Mitchell (outfielder) and Mike Remlinger (pitcher) to the Seattle Mariners for Bill Swift, Mike Jackson and Dave Burba (pitchers). Designated Rafael Novoa (pitcher) for assignment.