The Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks reminds the public that with shorter winter hours, county parks are closing earlier, around dusk (5:30 p.m., unless otherwise posted). To ensure security of the park, closing times are enforced.
JUG BAY WETLANDS
FUN AT JUG BAY
The Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, 1361 Wrighton Road in Lothian, isa 350-acre natural area on the Patuxent River in southern Anne Arundel County.
It is open Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays for programs, by reservation. Fees are required for some of the programs.
Unless otherwise noted, the fees are $2.50 for adults, $2 for senior citizens, and $1.50 for those under 18. Canoe trips are $5 per person, payable in advance.
The following events have been scheduled this fall:
* "Christmas at Jug Bay -- It's a Natural," 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 14. Naturalists Tim Thoman and Liz McClunin show how to createwreaths, swages or garlands. Children are welcome and can learn to make edible ornaments for wildlife.
Bring a wreath form, four yardsof ribbon and natural material. Other materials will be provided.
The following activities have been scheduled for Quiet Waters Park:
* Visitors Center, until Jan. 9. Watercolors by Joyce King, Carolyn Council and Edie Coffin.
* Ice skating, weather permitting. The cost is $3 for the regular rate, 2 to 8 p.m. Monday toThursday; ages 6 and under are $2.50, 2 to 9 p.m. Friday; seniors ages 62 and over are $2.25, noon to 9 p.m. Saturday and holidays; skaterental is $2.25 (hockey skates additional), Sundays noon to 8 p.m.
* Boat rentals, weather permitting, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
* Truffles at Quiet Waters. Fall restaurant hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays(closed Mondays and Tuesdays), 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekends.
* Quiet Waters Walking Club. Walk miles to various areas in Maryland and earn awards.