Although perhaps not as widespread as in many previous years, Christmas gardens on public display can be found throughout the Baltimore region and other parts of the state. Here is a sampling.
* The annual display at Engine House 45 of the Baltimore City Fire Department, at Cross Country Boulevard and Glen Avenue, Mount Washington, is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. today through Jan. 5. Call (410) 396-5680. * In Towson, the Kenilworth Park. Sundays through Jan. 4. Call (410) 321-1909.
* In Baltimore County, the Wise Avenue Volunteer Fire Company display at 210 Wise Ave. is open noon to 9 p.m. today through Jan. 6. (The display will close at 7 p.m. Dec. 18, and all day Christmas Day.) Call (410) 288-0710.
* In Anne Arundel County, the Riviera Beach Volunteer Fire Company's 10th annual display, 8506 Fort Smallwood Road (at Rugby Road), can be seen from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. weekends through Jan. 4, and beginning Dec. 16, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. weeknights. (Closed Christmas Day.) Call (410) 255-1314 or (410) 255-3636.
* In Carroll County, the Pleasant Valley Volunteer Fire Department's garden, at 2030 South Pleasant Valley Road, is on view 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. tomorrow; 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday; 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Dec. 15; 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 20; 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Dec. 22, and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 29. (Admission is $1 for anyone over age 6; call (410) 848-1977.
* In Cambridge (Dorchester County on the Eastern Shore), the Rescue Fire Company's display at 307 Gay St. is open from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays beginning tomorrow and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. weekdays through Jan. 5. Call (410) 228-1670.
* In Brunswick (Frederick County), the Victorian Christmas at Brunswick Museum, 40 W. Potomac St., is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. It includes a Christmas garden, a display of Victorian toys and other seasonal activities. Admission: $3 for adults, $1.50 for senior citizens and children 6 to 12. Details: (301) 834-7100.
* The annual Model Railroad Open House of the Baltimore Society of Model Engineers, at 225 W. Saratoga St., will be 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 29 and will continue at those hours every Sunday through January. Call (410) 837-BSME (2763).