Fire disrupts Glenwood school

December 05, 1991|By Howard County Bureau of The Sun

An electrical fire in the boiler room of Bushy Park Elementary in Glenwood caused a power outage and forced the evacuation of 600 students and employees for an hour yesterday morning.

The students, teachers and support staff went to nearby Glenwood Middle School, where they stayed until power was restored to the school at 11 a.m. The fire caused only minor damage to the school boiler room and there were no injuries, said Patti Caplan, spokeswoman for the Howard school system.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.