PETS, PETS, PETS. Holiday plans, shows, some breed news and more make this week a busy one for pets and owners.
* First of all, some good news about Cameron, the absolute imp of an Old English sheepdog who lives in Reisterstown with owners Joyce and Bob Wetzler. Cameron is the No.1 Old English sheepdog, according to records of the American Kennel Club and the Old English Sheepdog Club of America.
The record is of the points he won at the 25 dogs shows he entered this year. Cameron had the most for his breed. Joyce Wetzler says she doesn't know the exact number of points, but he is given one point for each Old English he defeated. For instance, she says, he won the National Specialty over the 242 other Old English who were entered and picked up 242 points.
Cameron, who will be 4 years old this month, lives at his owners' Whisperwoods Kennels.
* The Greater Baltimore Cat Club is holding its 21st ''Santa Paws,'' an all-breed and household pet cat show, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Pikesville Armory. It is sanctioned by the Cat Fanciers Association, and entries of 400 cats are expected. Admission is $4 general and $2 age 12 and under. For details, call show manager Kathy Atkins, 486-8941.
* The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals at 3300 Falls Road in Hampden will present its 5th annual Holiday Gifts for Pets and People bazaar with a dog fashion show, arts, crafts and more from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at the SPCA's Mansion House on the grounds. Admission is free. For details, call Constance Bendann, 243-0099, or the SPCA at 235-8826.
* Bring a gift for a pet to the second annual Holiday for the Pets from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Humane Society of Baltimore County, 1601 Nicodemus Road, Reisterstown. Don Scott of WJZ, Channel 13, will be there from 1 to 2 p.m. Dog food, toys, blankets, cat and kitten food and litter would be welcome. Punch and cookies, a gift table and an opportunity to order bird seed will be offered. Details: 833-8848.
* The Central Maryland Dalmatian Club is sponsoring a "Picture of your Pet with Santa" from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Pet Depot, 2151 Greenspring Drive, Timonium. Pictures are $5 each or three for $12. Proceeds will benefit the club's Rescue Fund, which helps find homes for unwanted or abandoned Dalmatians and will also benefit the Humane Society of Baltimore County. Details: 356-7252 or 561-0931.
* Another picture opportunity and a gift bazaar will be offered by the SPCA of Anne Arundel County from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Cost per picture is $5, and proceeds will benefit the pets at the shelter. The SPCA is at 1815 Bay Ridge Ave. in Annapolis. Details: 410-268-5285.