Gunman Sought In Shooting Of Teen

Police beat

December 02, 1991

Police are looking for a gunman who shot a teen-ager in the back near the Pumphrey Recreation Center early yesterday.

A 17-year-old boy was walking along Berlin Avenue just after midnight on his way to adance at the center when witnesses say a gunman fired four shots, one of which struck the teen on the right side of his back.

The victim was taken to North Arundel Hospital, where he was in stable condition yesterday.

Police say the suspect is a black man, 18 to 25 years old, and about 6 feet tall. No motive was given for the shooting.


Police are still searching for a man who robbed a Glen Burnie Subway sandwich shop at gunpoint Friday night and escaped .

A restaurant worker told police that the man walked into the shop, in the 7900 block of B & A Boulevard, at about 11 p.m. and bought a soda and potato chips.

As the employee opened the cash register, the man pulled a sawed-off shotgun from underneath his black leather coat and demanded money.


A Severn man was robbed at gunpoint Saturday as he withdrew money from an automatic teller machine at the Bank of Glen Burnie branch in Severn.

The victim told police he did notsee anyone around the machine in 800 block Reece Road when he pulledup in his car at 2:30 p.m. When he turned away from the machine after completing his transaction, he was confronted by a gunman, who demanded cash.

The victim complied and the robber ran toward the post office parking lot.

The victim went home and called police.

Thesuspect is described as a black man, about 5 foot 7 and 150 pounds. He was wearing a dark cap, light-colored sweat shirt or T-shirt and blue jeans.


An Odenton manwas slightly injured when he was robbed in front of his home early yesterday.

The victim told police he was walking from his car to his apartment building, in the 500 block of Tranquil Court, at 4 a.m., when a man approached him and asked for a ride.

The victim refusedand was attacked by the robber, who demanded money. The suspect punched the victim in the face, took his wallet and ran away.

The victim was taken to Kimbrough Hospital for treatment.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.