* PERSONAL: Age 29. Works for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C., in the Wetlands Division. Born in Ohio and grew up in New York. Came to Maryland on a fellowship with the USEPA in January 1989. Has a dog, a cat and an aquarium.
* WHERE DO YOU VOLUNTEER? "Jug Bay Wetlands in Lothian."
* WHAT DO YOU DO: "I teach a basic canoe course and take visitors on tours focusing on the wetland ecology. I feel compelled to share what I know about the wetlands and that it is a vital critical area, important to protect."
* HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN VOLUNTEERING? About 2 1/2 years.
* HOW DO YOU FIND THE TIME? "It is difficult but I prioritize. Also I work with a national program in an office all day and it is easy to loose touch with the source so I like to get out and talk with people and hear their concerns. Too, if something is important you find time."