House fire injures 4

November 15, 1991

Four people were being treated for injuries or chest pains today after a two-alarm fire that destroyed a two-story brick rowhouse in the 2400 block of W. Baltimore St.

Chester Jacobs, 17, was in University of Maryland Medical Center with burns on his arms after he jumped from a second-floor window.

Four other people in the house escaped uninjured, but two firefighters sustained minor neck burns when they rushed into the flames after being told people were trapped inside. They were being treated at the Fire Department infirmary.

Another resident of the house, Steve Jacobs, a 64-year-old grandmother, collapsed with chest pains when she arrived home after the fire. Her condition was not immediately known.

Fire Department spokesman Capt. Patrick Flynn said the 11:21 a.m. fire apparently started in a first-floor front room, and may have been electrical in origin.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.