Tydings & Rosenberg, a general-practice law firm of Baltimore, has taken over the top three floors of 100 East Pratt Street, becoming the building's third largest tenant thus far.
The firm has leased 40,000 square feet of the building's 26th, 27th and 28th floors, moving in Nov. 1.
The Pratt Street building underwent an expansion recently, adding 18 floors. The addition is a joint venture of IBM Corp. and T. Rowe Price Associates Inc., both of which are tenants occupying 180,000 square feet and 215,000 square feet respectively.
Approximately 173,000 square feet of office space and 27,000 square feet of street level retail is still vacant and available for lease.
J. Hardin Marion, managing partner of the 60-year-old law firm, said preparations began three years ago for the company to leave its former quarters on North Charles Street. A contract was signed for the 100 East Pratt Street property approximately two years ago.
Unlike other firms that have backed away from expansion plans because of the current recession, Marion said, "We never gave a thought to attempting to renegotiate or not move into this space once we had committed to it."
Marion said that when the firm was looking for its new home, the question was, "Where is the most spectacular building in Baltimore?"
He said 100 East Pratt Street was chosen because the space could be delivered when Tydings & Rosenberg needed it, and because the views from the upper floors are breathtaking.
The firm hired RTKL Associates as its interior designer, and the result takes advantage of the city's skyline, with the Inner
Harbor and new baseball stadium clearly visible from many of the firm's offices and conference rooms.
The following leasing transactions were announced by Casey & Associates Commercial and Industrial Realtors:
* Soil Recycling Technologies Inc. recently leased 2,035 square feet of research and development space at 2948 Beaver Dam Road in Hunt Valley. Casey & Associates represented the tenant and W.C. Pinkard & Co. represented the landlord, Hunt Valley Business Center Limited Partnership.
* Greenmount Moving & Storage recently broke ground on a 60,000-square-foot office and warehouse building at Trade Code Avenue in Collington. Casey & Associates represented the tenant and the developer, William H. Knott.
* Command Technology, a high-tolerance machine shop operation serving the aerospace industry, recently purchased two acres of land for the construction of a 15,00-square-foot building at Brandon Woods Business Park in Columbia. Casey & Associates represented the buyer and KMS Group represented the owner.
The following leasing transactions were announced by W.C. Pinkard & Co.:
* Chemalysis Inc., an analytical research firm, has leased 17,000 square feet of office and laboratory space at the Corridor 32 Business Center in Columbia. The landlord is Creaney & Smith Inc. The transaction was negotiated by W.C. Pinkard.
* Boise Cascade Office Products Corp. has leased 13,900 square feet at Colgate Ridge in Columbia. CB Commercial represented the tenant, and W.C. Pinkard represented the landlord, Creaney & Smith Inc.