Federal Contracts Report is a weekly summary of selected contracts recently awarded by the federal government to companies in Maryland.
* The University of Maryland Cancer Center of Baltimore won an undisclosed dollar amount contract from the National Cancer Institute to furnish a master agreement for the action and study of the biochemical pharmacology of anti-tumor agents.
* Oles Envelope Corp. of Baltimore won a $385,540 contract from the Social Security Administration to supply white window envelopes.
* International Business Machines Corp. of Bethesda won a $31,401,888 contract from the Air Force to provide network and development engineering services, special studies, and preliminary design efforts in support of the Air Force Satellite Control Network and associated sites for the space systems division satellite control and data handling program office.
* Texcom Inc. of Lanham won an $8,548,348 contract from the Air Force to provide leased fiber optic systems.
* Hartco Janitorial Services of Oxon Hill won a $5,494,934 contract from the Navy to provide custodial services at the White Oak Laboratory in Silver Spring.
* Litton Systems Inc. of College Park won a $1,429,834 contract from the Navy to provide electrical and electronic equipment components.
* Atlantic Research Corp. of Rockville won a $598,680 contract from the Navy to provide technical engineering services.
* Capitol Contractors Inc. of Tuxedo won a $564,000 contract from the Army to install an emergency generator in building 2444, Fort Belvoir, Va.
* National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurement of Bethesda won an $85,024 contract from the EPA to provide the biological effects of electric and magnetic fields.
* Veda Inc. of Lexington Park won a $2,067,377 contract from the procurement building to provide engineering and technical services to support the electromagnetic environment program.
* W.M. Schlosser Co. Inc. of Hyattsville won a $717,000 contract from the Smithsonian Institution to provide construction services required to replace the cooling tower and roof at the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum in Washington.
* Tascon Inc. of Bethesda won a $137,352 contract from the Coast Guard to review medical records.