Dr. Carolyn North has been appointed director of international studies and assistant professor of anthropology at Goucher College. Dr. North was on the senior research staff at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University and earned her Ph.D. in anthropology at Princeton. She will be responsible for implementing Goucher's new international studies program.
William M. Stanton was named president and chief executive officer of C&B Consulting Group-Herget Division, the compensation and employee benefits consulting division of Willis Coroon plc. Stanton previously served as head of office for the Baltimore and Washington operations of William H. Mercer Inc. Stanton will oversee the actuarial, benefits and compensation consulting operations in Herget's Baltimore headquarters, as well as in the division's Pittsburgh and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., offices.
* Terry D. Simonette has been appointed president of NCB Development Corp. NCB, headquartered in Washington, is the development finance affiliate of National Cooperative Bank.
* Jan H. Loeb has joined the research department of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. as a securities analyst covering special situations. Loeb was a principal with L.F Rothschild & Company in New York. Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. is a securities brokerage and financial services firm and is part of Legg Mason Inc., headquartered in Baltimore.
R. James Woolsey, a partner in the law firm Shea & Gardner of Washington, has been appointed to the board of directors of the Martin Marietta Corp. Woolsey was recently U.S. Ambassador and representative in Vienna to the Negotiations on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe during 1989-91, and was a delegate-at-large to the U.S. Strategic Arms Reduction Talks and the Nuclear Space Arms Talks in Geneva.
* Valerie Jones has been named materials manager for the McCormick Flavor Group of McCormick & Co. Jones, who joined the company in 1963 and most recently was materials manager for the group's flavor manufacturing center, will be responsible for inventory management, customer service, forecasting and materials planning.
* McCormick & Co. also has announced several organizational changes within the administration and finance function of the McCormick/Schilling Division. David Hagans has been named project leader on program analysis for the marketing controllership. He joined McCormick last April as financial supervisor. Veronica Jones has been promoted to credit financial analyst in the credit department. She joined the company in 1988 and most recently was a cost analyst.
Comm-Tronics Inc. announced the appointment Dee Sansing as Motorola sales manager. Sansing was the zone sales manager with Motorola for 8 years before joining Comm-Tronics, an authorized Motorola 2-way radio dealer.
Gordon, Feinblatt and Rothman has appointed Jerrold A. Thrope as chairman of the firm's litigation department. A cum laude graduate of Harvard law school, Thrope specializes in commercial and family law and eminent domain matters. He will oversee a department of more than 20 lawyers.
* Michael B. Hendler, a partner with the Baltimore law firm of Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf, Hendler & Sameth, has been elected to the fellowship of American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Association (AAML). in
Edie House, previously manager of public affairs at WBAL-TV, has been appointed vice president of public relations at Trahan, Burden & Charles Inc., a Baltimore-based advertising and public relations agency. House, who is best known as the anchor of WBAL-TV's Action News at Noon and weekend newscasts, has 19 years of experience in writing, producing, reporting and anchoring.