* Navy Airman Michael D. Showalter recently completed the Aviation Electrician's Mate Course.
During the course at the Naval Air Technical Training Center, Naval Air Station Memphis, Millington, Tenn., students receive introductory instruction for scheduled maintenance onnaval aircraft, including electrical, electronic instrument systems and specialized training on electrical and electronic instrument systems.
He is the son of David E. Showalter of Westminster and a 1990 graduate of Westminster High School. He joined the Navy in August 1990.
* Marine Lance Cpl. James E. Combs recently reported for duty withMarine Air Control Group-28, 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, N.C.
The son of Drudy and Donald B. Sealing II of Sykesville, he is a 1989 graduate of Liberty High School. He joined the Marine Corps in September 1989.
* Marine Pvt. Jimmy D. Fowler and Pvt. Matthew J. Friedel recently completed recruit training.
Fowler is the son of Brenda K. and John L. Fowler Sr. of Taneytown. The 1991 graduate of Francis Scott Key High School joined theMarine Corps in June.
Friedel is the son of Larry J. and Elizabeth N. Friedel of Taneytown and a 1991 FSK graduate.
* Marine Pfc. Chad D. Green was promoted to his present rank upon completion of recruit training.
Green is the son of Brenda J. and Claude O. Green Jr. of Taneytown. He is a 1991 Francis Scott Key High grad.
* MarinePfc. Jackie E. Robertson, son of Vernon E. and Joan A. Robertson of Taneytown, recently completed recruit training.
During the training cycle at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, S.C., recruits are taught the basics of battlefield survival, typical military dailyroutine and introduced to personal and professional standards.
All recruits participate in a physical conditioning program and gain proficiency in military skills, including first aid, rifle marksmanshipand close-order drill. Teamwork and self-discipline are emphasized throughout the cycle.
The 1991 graduate of Francis Scott Key High School joined the Marine Corps in June 1991.
* Navy Seaman Recruit Brian M. Marousek recently graduated from the Electronic Warfare Operator Technician School.
During the course at the Naval Technical Training Center, Corry Station, Pensacola, Fla., students are taught to operate air, surface and sub-surface electronic countermeasure systems used on board Navy ships.
Course instruction centers on receiver and transmitter principles, test equipment operations and operatorskills for interception, identification and analysis of electronic signals under simulated shipboard conditions.
Marousek is the son of Mr. and Mrs. E. F. Marousek Jr. of Sykesville and a 1989 graduate of Liberty High School. He joined the Navy in January 1991.
* Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Dennis C. Coan, son of Denis M. and Chary L. Coan of Westminster, recently completed the Tactical Intelligence Sub-System Maintenance Course.
During the course at Naval Technical Training Center, Corry Station, Pensacola, Fla., students receive training on corrective and preventive maintenance on all equipment included within the Tacintel Sub-System, a computer-based satellite communication system that provides automatic receipt and transmission of tactical messages for both shore and afloat users.
A 1986 graduate ofAugsburg American High School, Augsburg, Germany, Coan joined the Navy in April 1987.