Sutton Place Gourmet, a popular gourmet food store with four operations in the Washington area, plans to open its first Baltimore area operation next month.
Sutton Place, which was founded in 1980, has leased 14,000 square feet at the Festival at Woodholme, an upscale shopping center at Reisterstown Road and Hooks Lane near Pikesville. It will be the anchor of the 81,000-square-foot retail center, which has been fully owned since June by the development firm of Greenebaum and Rose.
Greenebaum and Rose bought out the partial interest of its original partner in the project, the Trammell Crow Co. Since then it has lined up several new tenants to bring the center to full occupancy.
New tenants include Roccoco's, an upscale women's clothing store that is moving from Commercentre to a 2,754-square-foot space, and Paul's of Pikesville, a salon that leased 2,125 square feet. Renaissance Gallery, an art gallery already at Festival at Woodholme, recently expanded and now leases 3,609 square feet.
The former Episcopal Diocesan House at 105 W. Monument St. in Mount Vernon, originally offered for sale for $1.25 million, has been reduced in price to $695,000.
Kayne Levin Neilson Bavar Realtors, a specialist in commercial and industrial properties, has been retained as the sales agent, replacing W. H. C. Wilson.
Partner David Bavar said that the dramatically lowered price is a sign the current owners are serious about selling the property, a brownstone mansion that dates from 1859 and was once known as the Mount Vernon Hotel.
It served as headquarters for the diocese of Maryland from 1936 to 1990, when the diocese moved to new headquarters at University Parkway and Charles Street, and has 12 off-street parking spaces.
Mr. Bavar believes the best use for the property would be as offices or a small, suite-style hotel, two uses permitted by the current zoning for the area.
Around the region:
* The former office of Center City-Inner Harbor Development Inc., on the 21st floor of the Mercantile-Safe Deposit and Trust Co. building in Hopkins Plaza, has been leased as the command center for Christopher Columbus Center Development Inc., the non-profit group planning a $164 million marine research center slated for construction on Piers 5 and 6.
* Glenn C. Ercole has been promoted to the position of vice president of finance for MacKenzie & Associates Inc.