The Greater Glen Burnie Jaycees will convene their monthly membership meeting at 7:30 tonight on the second floor the Glen Burnie YMCA, Central Avenue, Glen Burnie.
The meeting will feature impromptu "speak ups," as part of the Jaycees' Speak Up Program, designed to improve members' speaking skills. Judging takes place at each state quarterly board meeting. The winner will be sent to the Jaycees' national convention to be judged again on a different speech.
* The Glen Burnie Jaycees will be assisting the Towson JayceesChapter in their Oct. 25th and 30th Haunted House fund-raising event.
* The Glen Burnie Jaycees' calendar includes a Home Buyer's Seminar at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 29th on the second floor of the Glen Burnie YMCA. ALong and Foster representative will speak on what to look for when buying a house. The seminar will include financial tips.
* The Jaycees' Turkey Walk will take place on the B&A Trail Nov. 2. The event, which benefits the Anne Arundel County Chapter of the American Heart Association, will generate money through pledges to walkers. Participants will each receive a certificate for a turkey and a T-shirt for collecting pledges to help fight heart disease.
* The Glen Burnie chapter will attend the fall quarterly board meeting Nov. 15-17, with the Salisbury Jaycees as hosts. The weekend will include the executive board meeting, lounge entertainment and hospitality rooms presentedby different regions and chapters of the Jaycees. On Friday and Saturday there will be a mid-year officer training school, an outstandingyoung farmer luncheon and an awards banquet and dance.
* Another fund-raiser will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 1, when the Glen Burnie Jaycees bowl for pledges Jumpers Fairlanes bowling alley.