Shooting Victim Reports Kidnapping By Gunman

Incident Occurred At 'Bloody Pond,' Man Says

October 17, 1991|By Kris Antonelli | Kris Antonelli,Staff writer

A 24-year-old Brooklyn Park man told police he was shot after a masked gunman kidnapped him outside his home and drove him to a deserted area early yesterday morning.

William David Frankhouse, of the 5100 block of Wasena Avenue, was taken to Shock Trauma Center at University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore. His condition was not available yesterday.

Police spokesman Capt. Michael Fitzgibbons said investigators aretrying to determine a motive for the shooting. Frankhouse said the shooting happened shortly after 7 a.m., although he did not call police until 9:45 a.m.

Police have no explanation for the delay.

Fitzgibbons said Frankhouse reported leaving his home for work about 7 a.m. when he stopped his Chevrolet truck in the back alley. Suddenly, the driver's side door opened, and Frankhouse was face to face with agunman wearing a ski mask, the officer said.

"The gunman told him'move over and you won't get hurt,' " Fitzgibbons said. Frankhouse said he did, and the man drove him to a secluded area off Church Street known as Bloody Pond. There, they met a second man armed with a rifle, Frankhouse told police.

The three began fighting. Frankhouse said he grabbed the rifle and it went off, hitting him in the stomach,Fitzgibbons said. The gunman ran, and Frankhouse said he got back into his truck, drove home and called police.

Frankhouse's truck wasparked in front of his home when police arrived yesterday morning. Aneighbor, Hallie Hanks, said she did not see Frankhouse's truck in front of his house at around 8 a.m., but after 9 a.m., she said, she heard the sirens and fire trucks and saw them bring Frankhouse out of his home.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.