Joseph E. Cole has joined the PSA Financial Center and has merged his practice from Cigna Individual Financial Services. Cole was an agent/manager with the Internal Revenue Service for 17 years, is nationally accredited in taxation and is one of 12,000 people to be able to use the service mark of accredited tax adviser. Barry B. Bondoff, CPA and managing director of the accounting and managing consulting firm of Grabush, Newman & Co., has been elected president of the Edward A. Myerberg Senior Center, a non-sectarian, voluntary organization that provides quality services and programs to senior adults residing in northwest Baltimore.
Cynthia Fraiman has been appointed assistant account executive for Nevins and Associates, a marketing, public affairs and fund-raising firm. Fraiman will help N & A with the following accounts: Michael Fox Auctioneers, Babar and Celeste Children's Products from Paris, Kid's Scents Inc. and Westview Mall.
Maryland General Health Center hired Dr. Lalah Catherine Newbrough as its newest family practice physician. Besides having provided medical services at Mercy Southern Health Center and the Potomac Physicians Health Maintenance Organization, Newbrough is on the faculty of the Department of Family Practice at the University of Maryland Medical School and is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
* Dr. James W. Karesh, a certified ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeon, has joined the Krieger Eye Institute at Sinai Hospital. Karesh has special interest and expertise in diseases and abnormalities of the eyelids, tear system and the tissue and bone around the eye.
* John H. Somerville, a Baltimore attorney and long-term trustee of the Greater Baltimore Medical Center, has been elected to the executive council of the Maryland Hospital Association. He is to serve as chairman of the association's standing committee on health planning.
* Claire B. Rosse, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Willse & Associates Inc. of Baltimore, has been admitted to nominee status in the American College of Healthcare Executives.
* Carvile D. Duncan, vice president of Meridian Healthcare, has been appointed chairman of the Maryland Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators, the state agency that regulates and licenses nursing-home administrators.
* William R. Blanchard 3rd of Millersville was named executive vice president and chief operating officer of Harbor Hospital Center in South Baltimore. A native of Louisiana, Blanchard is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
* St. Agnes Hospital has appointed Larry Olsen of Lutherville as safety officer and Jacalyn Bailey Cloyd of Catonsville as patient representative. Olsen will be responsible for hospital safety and health. He was most recently safety/plant protection supervisor at Joseph E. Seagram & Sons Inc. in Dundalk. Allen Rawls has been named chief of the criminal investigation division for the Baltimore District of the Internal Revenue Service. He joined the IRS in 1969 and most recently was assistant chief of the criminal investigation division in the Cleveland District Office. Interior Designer Emily Heath has started her own company, Heath Design Group Inc. Heath was formerly vice president and managing design director for Michael Asner Associates.