* Marine Pfc. Jeremy D. Gray, son of Beverly A. and Roy L. Gray Jr. of Manchester, recently graduated from the Petroleum Supply Specialists Course.
During the course at Marine Corps Administrative Detachment, Fort Lee, Va., students receive instruction on the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of fuel handling units and accessory equipment.
A 1990 graduate of North Carroll High School, Gray joined the Marine Corps in December 1990.
* Navy Ensign Brian A. Carpenter recently was commissioned to his present rank on completion of Aviation Officer Candidate School.
During the course at the Naval Aviation Schools Command, Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Fla., students receive general military, academic, physical fitness and leadership training, which includes military justice, mathematics, navigation, sea and land survival, aviation physiology and basic aircraft engineering.
Carpenter is a 1986 graduate of Liberty High School and 1990 graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va. He joined the Navy in September 1990.
* Navy Seaman Recruit Christopher J. Manyette, son of Richard G. and Janet L. Manyette of MountAiry, recently completed training at Recruit Training Command, San Diego.
During the training cycle, recruits are taught general military subjects designed to prepare them for further academic and on-the-job training in one of the Navy's 85 occupational fields.
Studiesinclude seamanship, close-order drill, naval history and first aid.
Manyette is a 1991 graduate of South Carroll High School.
* Marine Pfc. Roderuck L. Shriver, son of Harold L. and Catherine H. Shriver of Keymar, recently completed recruit training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, S.C.
During the training cycle, recruits are taught the basics of battlefield survival and are introduced totypical military routine and personal and professional standards.
All recruits participated in an active physical conditioning programand gained proficiency in first aid, rifle marksmanship and close-order drill. Teamwork and self-discipline are emphasized throughout thecycle.
Shriver is a 1987 graduate of Frederick Christian Academy,Frederick.
* Navy 1st Lt. Mary K. Merashoff, daughter of William and Keiko O. Merashoff of Woodbine, recently reported for duty at Naval Security Group Activity, Edzell, Scotland.
A 1978 graduate of South Carroll High School and 1988 graduate of the University of Florida, Gainesville, she joined the Navy in May 1983.
* Navy Ensign Douglas A. McGoff recently reported for duty aboard the frigate USS Cook, homeported in San Diego.
His wife, Julie, is the daughter of Neil and Connie Hawk of Taneytown. He is a 1990 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis.