Man, 42, Charged In His Wife's Death

Police beat

October 04, 1991

A Glen Burnie man was arrested in Delaware Wednesday on charges of killing his wife during a domestic dispute in their home earlier this week.

County police picked up Clarence Pritchett II, 42, of the 100 block of Morris Court, at a friend's house in Wilmington, Del. Police spokesman Officer V. Richard Molloy said that Pritchett had been arrested on a drunken driving charge and was released on bail, but Anne Arundel County homicide detectives traced him to the home in Wilmington, where they arrested him.

Police were called to the Pritchetts' home at 10 p.m. Tuesday to check on Maizella Pritchett after her daughter had been unable to reach her. They found the 35-year-old woman dead in the couple's bedroom. According to court records, she had been beaten and strangled.

The court records said police had been called to the couple's home several times in the past to break up domestic disputes.

Pritchett was absent when police discovered his wife's body, and it appeared thata struggle had taken place in the home. He was charged with first-degree murder and is being held in a Wilmington jail pending an extradition hearing.


A Glen Burnie man was assaulted by two men Wednesday evening as he was walking along the B & A Trail in Severna Park.

County police said the 33-year-old man was walking along the trail at about 7:30 p.m. when two men jumped him. One of the men had a broken bottle in his hand and cut the victim's arm.

Police said they have no suspects.


A Pasadena woman was robbed by two men whom shelet into her house to check the water pipes, county police said.

The woman told officers that at about 5:30 p.m., two men knocked on her door and asked to check her water pipes. They told her that "John"sent them over.

John, the woman said, was a neighbor who had installed copper water pipes in her home a few years before. The woman followed one of the men downstairs to look at the pipes, while the other man remained upstairs, she said.

The man in the basement told her to wait there and tap on the pipes when he arrived upstairs. The woman waited a few minutes, tapped on the pipes and then went upstairs,police said.

The men were gone and $350 was missing from her purse.

Investigators said they have no suspects.


County police were looking for the man who robbed an Annapolis store Wednesday afternoon.

According to the police report, a man entered the Stuffed Cupboard in the Annapolis HarborCenter on Solomons Island Road at about 2:30 p.m. He walked behind the counter and put a knife to the clerk's back.

He forced the woman into the manager's office and then took money from the cash register.

Police gave no description of the robber.


A 25-year-old Glen Burnie man was robbed Wednesday outside a Severn liquor store, county police said.

Police said that atabout 7:45 p.m., the man was getting a soda out of a machine in front of the Severn Liquor store in the 8200 block of W. Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard. A man walked up behind him, put a gun to his back and demanded money. The victim gave him $449.

The gunman is described as a black man about 5 feet 10 inches tall, about 18 years old, wearing a long white shirt and shorts.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.