* THIS SATURDAY: Idle.
* PREVIOUS GAME: The Midshipmen lost their second game of the season to a team from the Mid-American Conference, losing 22-19 to Bowling Green. (Navy lost, 33-10, to Ball State in its opener.) The Midshipmen blew a 13-0 second-quarter lead Saturday. The winning score came on a 33-yard touchdown pass from Falcons quarterback Erik White to Ronnie Redd with 5:19 to play.
* KEY STATISTICS: Navy has scored first in every game this season, but lost all four . . . QB Jason Van Matre threw his first touchdown pass of the season . . . White had career-highs in passing yards (307) and completions (28) against the Middies.
* INJURIES: No major injuries.
* QUOTE: Coach George Chaump: "The big difference was their short passing -- we did a poor job stopping their ball-control passing game. At critical times, they completed some short passes down the middle. That hurt."
TOWSON STATE (0-3)
* THIS SATURDAY: Vs. Indiana (Pa.), Minnegan Stadium, 7 p.m.
* PREVIOUS GAME: The Tigers progressed from losing close, low-scoring games to being hammered 45-25 by Rhode Island on Saturday. QB Gary Worthington completed eight of 12 passes for 116 yards. The Tigers continued to improve on their turnovers. Towson lost only one fumble . . . Indiana (Pa.) (4-0) beat Clarion, 41-19.
BOWIE STATE (2-2)
* THIS SATURDAY: Vs. Virginia Union, Richmond, Va., 7 p.m.
* PREVIOUS GAME: The Bulldogs lost, 19-14, to Virginia State. The Trojans scored the go-ahead touchdown after a Bowie State pass interference call prolonged a drive that would have ended on an incomplete fourth-and-43 pass attempt. The Bulldogs are now 1-2 in the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association . . . Virginia Union (4-0) beat New Haven, 43-14.
FROSTBURG STATE (3-1)
* THIS SATURDAY: Vs. Western Connecticut State, in Danbury, Conn., 1 p.m.
* PREVIOUS GAME: The Bobcats had no trouble with Salisbury State, beating the Sea Gulls, 39-14. Frostburg State rushed for 415 yards. But tailback Rory McTigue had only 104 of them. QB Mike Jones (53) and backs Jimmy Carter (86 yards) and J.R. Bosley (52) contributed to the rushing total . . . Western Connecticut State lost, 30-6, to Brockport State.
JOHNS HOPKINS (2-0-1)
* THIS SATURDAY: Vs. Gettysburg, at Gettysburg, Pa., 1:30 p.m.
* PREVIOUS GAME: The Blue Jays lost, 23-6, to Fairleigh Dickinson-Madison on Friday night in Madison, N.J. Hopkins QB John Guglielmo passed for 195 yards and two touchdowns. So far this season, he has 765 yards and seven touchdowns . . . Gettysburg (1-2) beat Swarthmore, 20-8.
SALISBURY STATE (1-2)
* THIS SATURDAY: Vs. Guilford, at Salisbury, 1:30 p.m.
* PREVIOUS GAME: The Sea Gulls lost, 39-14, to Frostburg State. Pierre Copes picked up 50 yards rushing and 47 yards in receptions. QB Len Annetta completed 13 of 24 passes for 194 yards . . . Guilford defeated Charleston Southern, 40-6.
WESTERN MARYLAND (2-1)
* THIS SATURDAY: Vs. Muhlenberg, at Allentown, Pa., 1:30 p.m.
* PREVIOUS GAME: The Green Terrors beat Ursinus, 27-3, behind the passing of QB Paul McCord (11-for-20, 154 yards) and the running of FB Eric Frees (143 yards on 27 carries). Western Maryland's 2-0 Centennial Football Conference start is its best ever. Muhlenberg (0-3) lost, 25-21, to Franklin & Marshall.