BASEBALL (NL) * Atlanta Braves -- Signed Bill Lajoie (special assignment scout) to a two-year contract extension.
* Florida Marlins -- Named Dave Dombrowski general manager and signed him to a four-year contract.
* Montreal Expos -- Named Dan Duquette general manager and vice-president of player personnel.
* Philadelphia Phillies -- Purchased the contract of Doug Lindsey (catcher) from Reading of the Eastern League.
* San Diego Padres -- Agreed to terms with Joey Hamilton (pitcher).
* San Francisco Giants -- Purchased the contract of Royce Clayton (shortstop) from Shreveport of the Texas League.
BASKETBALL (NBA) * Miami Heat -- Named Tony Fiorentino scouting coordinator.
* Orlando Magic -- Announced that Rich DeVos has purchased the club from a group headed by William duPont III.
* Washington Bullets -- Signed LaBradford Smith (guard).
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Indianapolis Colts -- Placed Ray Donaldson (center) on the injured reserve list. Signed Chris Conlin and Mark Cannon (offensive linemen). Released Cedric Figaro (linebacker).
* New England Patriots -- Re-signed Shawn McCarthy (punter).
HOCKEY (NHL) * Buffalo Sabres -- Sent Philippe Boucher (defenseman) to Granby of the Ontario Hockey League, and Jason Dawe (left wing) to Peterborough of the OHL.
* Detroit Red Wings -- Assigned Chris Luongo and Gord Kruppke (defensemen), Lonnie Loach and Kirk Thomlinson (left wings) and Gary Shuchuk and Micah Aivazoff (centers) to Adirondack of the American Hockey League. Assigned Scott King (goalie) to Fort Wayne of the International Hockey League.
* Edmonton Oilers -- Traded Grant Fuhr (goaltender) and Glenn Anderson and Craig Berube (forwards) to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Vincent Damphousse and Scott Thornton (forwards), Luke Richardson (defenseman) and Peter Ing (goaltender) and future considerations.