* Use non-stick cookware or vegetable spray to cut down or eliminate cooking fat or oil.
* Replace cream with evaporated skim milk. Replace whole milk with low-fat or skim milk.
* Replace or blend sour cream with a reduced-fat sour cream or plain, low-fat or non-fat yogurt.
* Replace some or all ground beef with ground turkey in meat loaf, chili and casseroles. Stick to ground beef for burgers.
* Use sausages made from low-fat meats such as turkey, chicken and veal.
* Use a small amount of broth or stock instead of fat to saute vegetables.
* Prepare chicken or fish by poaching, cooking in liquid (stock or wine) at a low temperature, about 170 degrees.