TC TIME TO catch up with pet show plans.
On Saturday and Sunday, pets and people will predominate at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville.
* The Best Friends Walk with pets will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday and will benefit United Cerebral Palsy. This walk is not based on how long you walk, only that you participated. And, participants need not get sponsors, they should just ask their friends, family, co-workers and others for donations. Prizes will be given for those who collect the most money and also for contests such as the biggest, smallest, best dressed, hairiest and most unusual pet. If you look like your cocker spaniel, your Doberman or your Persian cat -- whatever you own -- then enter the look-alike pet and owner contest. UCP is in Suite 110, 31 Walker Ave., Baltimore, Md. 21208 for those who would like to mail in donations. For walk details, call 484-4540.
* The Baltimore County Kennel Club's annual AKC Sanctioned Match is expected to attract hundreds of purebred dogs on Sunday at Oregon Ridge, including the cocker spaniel, which remains in first place in registrations with the American Kennel Club.
Match registration opens at 8:30 a.m. and judging will begin at 10 a.m. and continue to late afternoon with seven judges from Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia judging classes for puppies age 3 months to one year, adult conformation, obedience and junior showmanship. Entry fee is $5.
There is no spectator admission charge. Call the match chairman, April B. Merrill, 922-9465 after 6 p.m. for details.
* Cat fanciers, plan ahead to attend the Freestate Feline Fanciers All-Breed Cat Show from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sept. 21 and 22 at the State Fairgrounds in Timonium.
Two-hundred purebreds and some household pet darlings will compete in eight rings during the two-day show. Each ring is sponsored by a pet-oriented business.
Visitors who want information on a specific cat breed will find owners of the entries are very willing to discuss their cats. Vendors will have toys, scratching posts, food and other cat items on display and for sale.
Admission is $4 general; $3 seniors and ages 3 to 12 and under 3 is free. For details, call Robert D. Hardesty at 301-431-1734 or 301-434-2015.
* Two shows for October and November will feature rare breeds and poodles.
TOBI (The Oriental Breeds International) is putting on its 15th annual match on Oct. 19 and 20 for rare breeds and miscellaneous breeds with judging in conformation, obedience, agility, junior showmanship and specialties for rare breeds only. The show will run from 8 a.m. registrations to late afternoon each day in the Cow Palace at the State Fairgrounds in Timonium. Admission and parking is free. For specific entry or other details call Herb Rosen, match chairman, at 252-7555, after 6 p.m.
* The poodles will be gathered on Nov. 15 when the Greenspring Poodle Club holds its Specialty Show with obedience judging beginning at 9 a.m. and conformation at 11 a.m. in the Pikesville Armory. Admission will be free. For details, call J. Donald Paulus, show chairman, at 252-2894.