* Coach: Joe Krivak, fifth season (18-25-2).
* 1990 Record: 6-5-1.
* Nickname: Terrapins.
* Affiliation: NCAA Division I, Atlantic Coast Conference.
* Key returning players: Larry Webster, Sr., DT; Frank Wycheck, So., H-Back; Troy Jackson, Sr., RB; Mark Mason, So., RB; Lubo Zizakovic, Sr., DT; Dan DeArmas, Sr., P-PK; Mitch Suplee, Sr., C; Scott Rosen, Sr., DB; Gene Thomas, Sr., SE.
* Key newcomers: Jade Dubis, Fr., OL; Dave Hack, Fr., OL; Corey Holobetz, Fr., TE; John Kaleo, Jr., QB; Larry Washington, Fr., RB.
* Strengths: Wycheck is coming off a freshman season in which he caught a school-record 58 passes. The Terps have a stable of young running backs.
* Weaknesses: The linebacking corps was decimated by graduation. Jim Sandwisch may not be able to provide what Scott Zolak did at quarterback.
* Comment: The Terps face a testy schedule. As Krivak says, "I think the non-conference schedule is the big difference between us and the rest of the teams in the league. Most everybody else seems to have two 'gimmies.' "
Sept. 7 -- Virginia, noon
Sept. 14 -- Syracuse, 7 p.m.
Sept. 21 -- West Virginia, 4 p.m.
Oct. 5 -- at Pittsburgh, 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 12 -- at Georgia Tech, 1 p.m.
Oct. 19 -- at Wake Forest, 1 p.m.
Oct. 26 -- Duke (HC), 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 2 -- at North Carolina, noon
Nov. 9 -- Penn State at Memorial Stad., 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 16 -- at Clemson, noon
Nov. 23 -- at N.C. State, 1 p.m.
* Coach: George Chaump, second season (5-6-0).
* 1990 Record: 5-6.
* Nickname: Midshipmen.
* Affiliation: NCAA Division I, Independent.
* Key returning players: Michael Davis, Sr., OL; B.J. Mason, Sr., SE; Brian Ellis, Jr., QB; Jason Van Matre, So., QB; Duke Ingraham, Jr., TB; Brad Stramanak, So., FB; Bob Kuberski, Jr., LB; Byron Ogden, Sr., LB; Mark Ellis, Jr., LB; Rodney Purifoy, DB.
* Key newcomers: Tom Pritchard, Fr., WR; Michael Jefferson, Fr., WR; Ty Elmendorf, Fr., WR; Chris Hart, Fr., DB; Grover Favors, Fr., DB; Marlin Green, Fr., DB; Kevin Hickman, Fr., TE; Eric Intihar, Fr., LB.
* Strengths: The defense has experience on the perimeter, especially with Ogden, Ellis and Kuberski at outside linebacker. The receivers, led by Mason, are capable.
* Weaknesses: The leading quarterbacks, Brian Ellis and Jason Van Matre, didn't take a snap at that position last season. None of the top three candidates at tailback had any plays at that position.
* Comment: Despite the inexperience of its quarterbacks and tailbacks, Navy expects increased offensive production. Why? The offensive line is markedly improved, in terms of experience, size and strength.
Sept. 7 -- Ball State, 7 p.m.
Sept. 14 -- at Virginia, 7 p.m.
Sept. 21 -- William & Mary, 1:30 p.m.
Sept. 28 -- Bowling Green, 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 12 -- Air Force, 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 19 -- at Temple, noon
Oct. 26 -- Delaware (HC), 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 2 -- at Notre Dame, 4 p.m.
Nov. 9 -- at Tulane, 7 p.m.
Nov. 23 -- Wake Forest, 1:30 p.m.
Dec. 7 -- Army at Philadelphia, 1:30 p.m.
* Coach: Sanders Shiver, third season (10-9-1).
* 1990 Record: 3-6.
* Nickname: Bulldogs.
* Affiliation: NCAA Division II, Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association.
* Key returning players: Butch Wilson, Sr., RB; Andre Crawley, Sr., OG; Scott Messick, Sr., OG; Robert Anderson, Sr., LB; Ed Gregory, Jr., LB; Paul Garrett, Jr., LB; Scott Long, Sr., DT; Steve Smith, Jr., CB; Gary Beckford, So., FS; Jason Herold, Sr., P; Mark Fitzpatrick, Sr., PK.
* Key newcomers: Keino Fitzpatrick, Fr., QB; Arthur Wigfall, Fr., OL; Ed Gajewski, Fr., OL; Craig Mitchell, Jr., RB (transfer from Chowan JC); Mike Maddox, Jr., LB (transfer from Montgomery-Rockville JC).
Strengths: The Bulldogs have one of the best kicking games in Division II, four three-year starters on defense and a strong recruiting class. Anticipating a heavy workload, Wilson is ready to become the school's all-time leading rusher.
* Weaknesses: Rich Thomas, the 1990 starter at quarterback, did not return for his senior season, and Shiver could end up using punter Herold under center. A high number of returning starters is misleading, because there are only 25 returning lettermen.
* Comment: After opening with two home games, the Bulldogs play five straight in Virginia and North Carolina. They need to age in a hurry, especially at quarterback, to win on the road in the CIAA, which is scrapping its two-division alignment this year.
Sept. 7 -- Livingstone, 1 p.m.
Sept. 14 -- Hampton, 1 p.m.
Sept. 21 -- at North Carolina Central, 7 p.m.
Sept. 28 -- at Virginia State, 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 5 -- at Virginia Union, 7 p.m.
Oct. 12 -- at Norfolk State, 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 19 -- at Elizabeth City State, 2 p.m.
Oct. 26 -- American International (HC), 1 p.m.
Nov. 9 -- Central Connecticut, 1 p.m.
* Coach: Ricky Diggs, first season.
* 1990 Record: 1-10.
* Nickname: Golden Bears.
* Affilitation: NCAA Division I-AA, Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.