* Saturday: State Fair 8-K, Timonium Fairgrounds, 7:30 a.m., 494-8649; A Place for Your Pace, Loch Raven, 8 a.m., 566-RUN2; Dougan Memorial 5-K, Cumberland, 9 a.m., 777-2894; Women's Distance Festival 5-K, Greenbelt, 8 a.m., 699-1477; Maggie Valley Midnight 5-K; Crim Road Race, Flint, Mich., Aug. 24.
* Sunday: Annapolis 10-miler, Navy-Marine Corps Stadium, 7:50 a.m., 268-1165; Tri-Maryland Triathlon (for kids), Bel Air, 882-6103.
* Aug. 31: Charleston (W.Va.) 15-miler; Six-Hour Run, Greenbelt; Labor Day Classic 5-K, Rehoboth, Del.
* Sept. 1: Optical 5-K, Eldersburg, 9 a.m., 795-5588; DCRRC Labor Day 15-K, Greenbelt, 7 a.m., (202) 234-5595. Potomac Valley Games.
* Sept. 2: St. Agnes Hospital Labor Day 8-K, 8 a.m., 494-8649; Prediction 5-K, Rehoboth.
* Sept. 4: BRRC Fall Membership meeting, Hasslinger AA, 5440 Harford Road, 6:30 p.m.
* Future book: Chaptico Classic 10/5-K, Sept. 7; Executive Stampede, Sept. 8; Annapolis Pennysaver 5-miler, Sept. 8; Sweet Air Trail Run, Sept. 8; Early Fall 10-K, Sept. 15; Parkton 10-K, Sept. 15; Zoo Zoom, Sept. 29; Fritzbe's 10-K, Sept. 29; Glen Burnie/B&A Trail 10-K, Oct. 6; Quaker 5-miler, Oct. 12; Annapolis Metric Marathon, Oct. 13; North Central Railroad Trail Marathon, Nov. 30.
* Marathons: Pike's Peak, Colo., Santa Monica, Calif., Sunday.
* News and notes: The National Military Team Triathlon Championship will be decided at the Bud Light Triathlon Series Championships Sept. 21 in Las Vegas.