* Marine Lance Cpl. Bryan P. Elliott, son of Shirley T. Elliott of Mount Airy, recently reported for duty with Marine Tactical ElectronicWarfare Squadron-Two, 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing, Cherry Point, N.C.
He joined the Marine Corps in July 1988.
* Navy Seaman Recruit Jason W. Vogel recently returned from deployment to the Middle East in support of Operation Desert Storm while serving aboard the destroyer USS Caron, homeported in Norfolk, Va.
The son of John K. and Marsha D. Vogel of Westminster, he joined the Navy in December 1989.
* Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Chris E. Angleberger recently departed on a routine six-month deployment to the Mediterranean Sea aboard the aircraft carrier USS Forrestal, homeported in Mayport, Fla.
During the cruise, he will participate in various training exercises and visit foreign ports.
This will be the last deployment for Forrestal, which is scheduled to replace the Navy'straining aircraft carrier USS Lexington, homeported in Pensacola, Fla.
The son of Carl E. and Betty J. Angleberger of Rocky Ridge, he is a 1989 graduate of Catoctin High School, Thurmont, Frederick County.
* Marine Pfc. Robert B. Korrell, son of Robert B. and Nancy J. Korrell of Manchester, has completed recruit training at Marine CorpsRecruit Depot, Parris Island, S.C.
During the 13-week training cycle, he was taught the basics of battlefield survival. He was introduced to the typical daily routine that he will experience during his enlistment and studied the personal and professional standards traditionally exhibited by Marines.
Korrell participated in an active physical conditioning program and gained proficiency in a variety of military skills, including first aid and rifle marksmanship.
A 1987 graduate of North Carroll High School, he joined the Marine Corps in March 1991.
* Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Alan S. Stone recently departed for a routine six-month deployment to the Mediterranean Sea aboard the USS Shenandoah, homeported in Norfolk, Va.
During the cruise, the destroyer tender will provide maintenance, logistics and personnel support to U.S. Navy ships deployed to that region.
He is the son of John C. and Vera E. Stone of Westminster and a 1990 graduate of Westminster High School. He joined the Navy in September 1990.
* Navy Airman Apprentice Aaron S. Bennett, son of Steven J. and Doretha L. Bennett of Mount Airy, has been promoted to his present rankwhile serving aboard the aircraft carrier USS America, homeported inNorfolk, Va.
A 1988 graduate of Linganore High School, Frederick County, he joined the Navy in August 1990.