Here's what to look for in the Baltimore area this week. This list includes only newly announced work, not continuing construction, which is extensive on several highways, including Interstate 95, U.S. 50/301 and the Baltimore-Washington Parkway.
New highway projects
* The Francis Scott Key Memorial Bridge will be closed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today, Saturday and Aug. 25; the east approach to the bridge between exits 42 and 43 will be closed entirely to traffic. Detours will be posted.
* Old York Road (Route 439) from Garrett Road west to Interstate 83 will be one-way traffic controlled by flagmen.
* I-95 north, from the Beltway to White Marsh Boulevard, may be closed for 15-minute intervals between midnight and 5 a.m. tomorrow through Thursday while sign supports are erected.
* Traffic on the Beltway at Avondale will be stopped tomorrow between midnight and 5 a.m. for construction.
* The Ridgely Avenue Bridge over U.S. 50/301 will be open to traffic Wednesday, weather permitting. Direct access to and from U.S. 50/301 and Riverview Avenue will be restricted on Thursday. Riverview Road access will be via Route 70 and Ridgely Avenue.
* The two right lanes of the inner loop of the Beltway at Milford Road will be closed today from 6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for bridge maintenance.
* Two lanes of the outer loop of the Beltway/I-70 will be closed today from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. for maintenance.
The left two lanes of northbound I-83 will be closed today from 10:30 a.m. to noon for maintenance.
The two left turn lanes from eastbound U.S. 50/301 to Cape St. Claire Road have been closed. Traffic turning left must use exit 29B.
Eutaw Street between Lombard and Pratt streets will reopen to one lane of southbound traffic at 6 a.m. tomorrow.
Bus route changes:
The MTA has scheduled these changes. For more information, call 539-5000; TTY for the hearing-impaired, 539-3497.
Nos. 10, 19 and 27
Southbound buses on the Nos. 10 and 27 lines and northbound No. 19 buses will return to regular routes Wednesday with the completion of construction on Eutaw Street between Lombard and Pratt streets.
No. 21 -- Until 6 a.m. tomorrow, buses will follow a temporary route because of construction that has closed Preston Street east of Howard Street. Westbound via regular route on Preston to Cathedral Street, north on Cathedral, west on Mount Royal Avenue, west on Dolphin Lane, south on Howard, west on Dolphin, then regular route. No change eastbound.
No. 27 -- Buses will be rerouted because of water main construction at Falls Road and 36th Street. Northbound via regular route to 36th and Roland Avenue, north on Roland, west on 37th Street, north on Falls, then via regular route. Southbound via regular route to Falls and 37th, east on 37th, south on Roland, east on 36th, then via regular route.