* Chicago Bears -- Cut Brent Snyder, quarterback; Larry Horton, cornerback; Tim Cross and Sam Yaffa, fullbacks; Scott Asman, tight end; Peter Brantley, linebacker; Anthony Cummings and Michael Johnson, wide receivers; Tim Lance, safety; Eric Wenckowski, center; Chris Reed, offensive guard; and Tre Giller, offensive tackle.
* Cincinnati Bengals -- Waived Kendal Smith, wide receiver; John Langeloh, placekicker; Rich Davis, defensive lineman; Dave Senczyszyn, offensive lineman; Melvin Waters, running back; and Antoine Bennett, cornerback.
* Cleveland Browns -- Waived George Hemingway, running back; Mike Proctor, quarterback; and Eugene Rowell, wide receiver. Signed Pete Lucas, offensive tackle. Placed Ray Irvin, defensive back, on injured reserve.
* Detroit Lions -- Wavied Rob Hinckley, linebacker.
* Green Bay Packers -- Agreed to terms with Billy Ard, guard.
* Houston Oilers -- Signed Mike Dumas, defensive back, to a multiyear contract.
* Indianapolis Colts -- Waived Stanley Morgan, wide receiver, and Ricky Hunley, linebacker.
* Kansas City Chiefs -- Signed Kevin Porter, safety, to a three-year contract.
* L.A. Raiders -- Signed Don Mosebar, center.
* L.A. Rams -- Signed Fred Strickland, linebacker.
* New England Patriots -- Announced Steve Strachan, running back, has left camp.
* New Orleans Saints -- Acquired Vencie Glenn, free safety, from the Los Angeles Raiders for a player to be named later.
* New York Jets -- Waived Bruce Holmes, linebacker.
* Phoenix Cardinals -- Waived Herbie Anderson and Anthony Parker, cornerbacks; Richard Jones, punter; Brent Nyberg, wide receiver; and John Brantley, linebacker.
* Pittsburgh Steelers -- Signed Ernie Mills, wide receiver, to a two-year contract plus an option year.