American League * League -- Suspended Carlos Martinez (Cleveland first baseman) for three games, effective Aug. 7, for making physical contact with umpire Tim Welke.
* Cleveland Indians -- Placed Sandy Alomar Jr. (catcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Claimed Tony Perezchica (infielder) off waivers, from the San Francisco Giants.* Kansas City Royals -- Placed Gary Thurman (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Recalled Harvey Pulliam (outfielder) from Omaha of the American Association.
* Seattle Mariners -- Purchased the contract of Dave Fleming (pitcher) from Jacksonville of the Southern League. Placed Keith Comstock (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list.
* Texas Rangers -- Placed Brad Arnsberg (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Aug. 2. Recalled Gerald Alexander (pitcher) from Oklahoma City of the American Association.
National League * Chicago Cubs -- Recalled Rick Sutcliffe (pitcher) and Joe Girardi (catcher) from Iowa of the American Association. Sent Damon Berryhill and Hector Villanueva (catchers) to Iowa.
BASKETBALL (NBA) * Dallas Mavericks -- Signed Terry Davis (forward) to a two-year contract.
* Houston Rockets -- Signed John Killilea, Carroll Dawson and Rudy Tomjanovich (assistant coaches) and Robert Barr (strength coach) to multi-year contract extensions.
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Atlanta Falcons -- Waived Pete Lucas (offensive tackle). Agreed to terms with Tim Green (linebacker).
* Detroit Lions -- Waived Lin Dawson (tight end).
* Kansas City Chiefs -- Signed Steve DeBerg (quarterback) to a two-year contract. Released Dwight Pickens (wide receiver).
* Los Angeles Rams -- Signed Doug Reed (defensive tackle) to a one-year contract.
* Miami Dolphins -- Signed Randal Hill (wide receiver) to a three-year contract.
* Minnesota Vikings -- Waived Gerald Hudson and David Fair (running backs).
* New York Giants -- Signed Steve DeOssie (linebacker) to a two-year contract.
* New York Jets -- Waived Dannie Lockett (linebacker).
* San Diego Chargers -- Signed Broderick Thompson (offensive lineman).