Amateur photographers, if you live in Carroll County, we have a contest for you.
Load up those cameras and start shooting!
Then enter your pictures in The Carroll County Sun's seventh annual Amateur Photo Contest.
A three-judge panel will evaluate the entries on artistic, photographic and technical content. Winners will be published in our annual Photo Album on Sept. 15.
The grand prizewinner will receive a $200 savings bond. A $150 bond is the first prize in each of the categories, followed by a $100 bond for second place and a $50 bond for third place.
Adult participants can enter inthe people, animal or scenes categories. Those 16 and younger can enter the same subjects and compete in the "Youth Photos" category.
Contest rules are:
* All photos must have been taken in Carroll County in 1990 or 1991 and cannot have been entered previously.
* All entries must be 4- by 6-inch prints, color or black and white. Slides or other size prints are not acceptable.
* No retouching, art work, multiple printing or montage will be allowed.
* Each participant may enter four photos in each category. Each entry must have a completed entry form (see today's advertisement). Please fill in all blanks and tape the form to the back of each picture. Photocopies of the form are acceptable, but each must be signed individually.
* Allentries in the people category must be accompanied by written consent of recognizable subjects stating their willingness to have photos published. Consents should be taped to photos.
* Photos cannot be returned unless entrants pick them up at our offices between Sept. 27 and Oct. 27.
* Submit all entries to The Carroll County Sun Amateur Photo Contest, 15 East Main St., Westminster, Md. 21157.
* All entries must be received in our offices by 5 p.m. Aug. 16. We cannot accept any late entries.
* Employees of The Baltimore Sun Inc. and their relatives are not eligible to enter.
* Judges will invalidate entries from contestants who do not meet all the rules and qualifications.