Older workers

It's your call

August 07, 1991

The older worker should be treated as an asset, according to nearly 90 percent of 324 callers to SUNDIAL. The other 10 percent, or 35 callers, said the older worker should be treated as a liability.

More than 86 percent of 326 callers, or a total of 283, said companies should recruit employees over age 55, and 43 callers (13 percent) said they should not.

Twenty-five percent, or 81 of 325 callers, said companies should encourage workers over age 55 to leave, and 244 callers (75 percent) disagreed.

"It's Your Call" represents a sampling of opinions from certain segments of the community, but it is not balanced demographically, as would be done in a scientific public opinion poll.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.