* California Angels -- Recalled Joe Grahe (pitcher) from Edmonton of the Pacific Coast League. Optioned Bobby Rose (outfielder) to Edmonton.
* Kansas City Royals -- Activated Mark Davis (pitcher) from the 15-day disabled list. Placed Kurt Stillwell (shortstop) on the 15-day disabled list. Designated Wes Gardner (pitcher) for assignment. Recalled Sean Berry (infielder) from Omaha of the American Association.
* New York Yankees -- Placed Scott Kamieniecki (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Aug. 3. Recalled Dave Eiland (pitcher) from Columbus of the International League.
* Seattle Mariners -- Placed Russ Swan (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Recalled Keith Comstock (pitcher) from Calgary of the Pacific Coast League.
* New York Mets -- Signed Bobby Jones (pitcher) and assigned him to Columbia of the South Atlantic League.
* Utah Jazz -- Signed Eric Murdock (guard).
* Dallas Cowboys -- Waived Cary Blanchard (placekicker).
* Kansas City Chiefs -- Waived Ernest Thompson (running back).
* Philadelphia Eagles -- Signed Antone Davis (offensive tackle) to a one-year contract with an option year. Waived Paul Palmer dTC (running back) and Cam Pepper (offensive guard).
* Detroit Red Wings -- Agreed to terms with Ray Sheppard (right wing) on a three-year contract.