Todd Eckenrode puts his extended undefeated golfing streak on the line in this week's Wakefield Valley Championship matches.
Eckenrode, who has won 27 straight matches, takes on Gerry Eckenrode (no relation) in the semifinal. In the other semifinal, Mike Myers meets Bob Kirkner.
In going undefeated, Eckenrode has collected five consecutive Wakefield Valley match play titles. He has yet to taste defeat in six years of playing in the event.
Complete weekend results saw: (first round)-T. Eckenrode defeat Craig Jennings 3-2, Lonnie Ritzer defeat Charles Farson 4-3, G. Eckenrode defeat Greg Leppo 6-5, Dave Bittner defeat Bill McGarvey 3-1, Mike Myers defeat Richard Blanchard 8-7, Bob Blubaugh Jr. defeat Ryan Kimble 2-1, Bob Kirkner defeat Martin Saia 1-up and Mike Fastner defeat Stu Webster 1-up. (Second Round)-T. Eckenrode defeated Ritzer 7-5, G. Eckenrode defeated Bittner 4-3, Myers defeated Blubaugh 3-2 and Kirkner defeated Fastner 7-6.
Elsewhere in area golf:
* Turf Valley: Steve Hepting upset Tim Carr, the defending champion, in first-round play of the club's Match Play Championship. The quarterfinal matches saw Hepting defeat Joe Franco, Dick Brawley defeat Rod Compton, Joe Stanley defeat Cliff Valliant and Bob Johnson defeat Don Saltarelli.
* Sparrows Point: Gus Munski won the President's Cup, scoring 89-24-65. Second place went to Bob Fernandez with 84-18-66.
* C.C. of Md.: The foursome of Dick Davidson, Pal Curirero, Ermi Engelbert and Cliff Culp scored a winning 64 net score in team play. Second place went to George Black, Don Cronin, Vic Hertslet and Ron Heeman with 66.
Two aces were scored by Bill Dornbusch and Larry Storck on the same day on the same fifth hole. Dornbusch made his perfect shot count for his fifth career hole-in-one. Storck now has four aces to his record.
* Chestnut Ridge: Leaders after the first round of the club's 54-hole stroke play championship are Steve Southern 76, Phil Rosenberg 77 and Paul Bekman 78.
* Md. Golf: Drew DeVan led the 36-hole qualifying rounds for the club Championship, scoring 75-77-152. Other leaders were Jim Winner 157, Gordon Wright 158 and Steve Walczak 158. Dick Murphy is defending champion.
* Rolling Road: The combination of Tom McCann and Billy Riggs scored a winning 61 gross score in the Kaliber Follow-the-Leader tournament. Andy Pataki and Alan King were next with 62. Leading net teams were: Dick Holland and Dick Fisher 74-22-52, Larry Mathe and Bill Bavis 72-19-53 and Dave Schneider and Bill Snyder 79-25-54.
A hole-in-one was scored by Sandy Witcke on the 140-yard fourth hole.
* Bay Hills: The Adult-Junior tournament was won by James and Ho Bae, scoring a gross 38. Net winners with 31 were Ryan and Bill Conyers.
* Baltimore CC: Mary Rose Dunn and Barbie Dunn Miller won the Mother-Daughter championship with a score of 89. Carol and Carol Knott had low net with 66. The junior division leaders were Gail and Katie Curran with a gross 51 and Ronnie and Anna Schultz with net 35.
* Winter's Run: Two teams posted winning 124 scores in the mixed foursome tournament. They were: Lee Appel, Jim Stewart, Scott McCallister and Buzz Sperandeo and Damon Claus, Cliff Watson, Jesse Villa and Art Nelson.
* Towson Golf: Fred Peightal and H.T. Brown are finalists in the club's match play championship. In the semifinals, Peightal defeated Gerry Brenner in 21 holes and Brown downed Bruce Bowling 3-2. Mike Auerbach and Jack Soliman made it to the A Flight final.
Flight winners include Tom Jervi, Mike Clark, John Rommel, A.J. Arnold and Ed Singca.
* Suburban: Stuart Harrison won the Senior Championship, scoring 76. Lou Kann was runner-up with 78. Age division winners were: 50-55 Alan Tapper 84, 55-59 Harry Blum 82, 60-64 Richard Davison 85, 65-69 Irv Garfinkel 86, 70-74 Bob Sachs 87 and 75-and-over-Ed Rogers 94.
* Woodholme: Kevin Luskin scored a hole-in-one on the 155-yard 13th hole. Sheldon Kalish will open defense of his Club Championship against Gerald Sellers.
* Chartwell: In two-man tournament play, the winners were: Ron Stains and Kirk Benefiel 61, Joe Borkowski and Joe Duffy 61, Rick Messick and Ed Underwood 62, Mike Fedor and Don Iodice 62 and Hal Murnane and Peter O'Neill 62.
* Bonnie View: David Kaplan continued defense of his Club Championship, turning back Rob Leikin. Second-round results: Lou Kline defeated Hal Levy, Paul Steinhardt defeated Tom Steinhardt and Stuart Resnick defeated Mike Steinhardt. The semifinals saw Kaplan defeat Kline and P. Steinhardt defeat Resnick.
* Hillendale: A rash of four holes-in-one were recorded -- three of ,, them by women. They included Karen Bartlett on the third hole, and Nova Traurig, Peg Cannizzaro and Eric Roberts -- all on the seventh hole.
* Piney Branch: Wayne Gailey won the first two matches in defense of his Club Championship. Second-round results: W. Gailey defeated Gary Culver 2-1; Ken Mattison defeated Steve Cimbalista 3-2; Carol Gailey defeated Keith Graham 1-up; and Paul Loveless defeated Charles Palmer 6-5.
* Flattery Jrs.: Following are results of the Pee Wee divisions of the Jimmy Flattery Junior tournament, held at Hunt Valley:
Ages 2-4: Girls-(1) Allison Mourges, (2) Kathleen Reilly; Boys-(1) Anthony Aiello and (2) Reid Fountain.
Ages 5-7: Girls-(1) Katherine Furno, (2) Anne Chasar; Boys- (1)Tom Carolan, (2) Philip Engle.
Ages 8-10: Girls-(1) Jeanne Murphy, (2) Rachel Engle; Boys-(1) Pat Malitino (2) Matt Dalbke.