BASEBALL American League * Orioles -- Moved Jeff McKnight (infielder) from the 15-day to the
day disabled list. Sent Paul Kilgus (pitcher) to Rochester of the International League.
* Chicago White Sox -- Recalled Brian Drahman (pitcher) from Vancouver of the Pacific Coast League. Optioned Jeff Carter (pitcher) to Vancouver.
* Milwaukee Brewers -- Placed Gary Sheffield (infielder) on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to July 26. Activated Edwin
Nunez (pitcher) from the 60-day disabled list.
* Oakland Athletics -- Recalled Bruce Walton (pitcher) from Tacoma of the Pacific Coast League. Optioned Scott Hemond (infielder) to Tacoma.
* Texas Rangers -- Placed Nolan Ryan (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Activated Bobby Witt (pitcher) from the 15-day disabled list.
* Toronto Blue Jays -- Placed Mike Timlin (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Purchased the contract of David Weathers (pitcher) from Knoxville of the Southern League.
National League * Atlanta Braves -- Optioned Deion Sanders (outfielder) to Richmond of the International League and placed him on the ineligible list.
* Pittsburgh Pirates -- Optioned Rick Reed (pitcher) to Buffalo of the American Association. Purchased the contract of Cecil Espy (outfielder) from Buffalo.
* San Francisco Giants -- Activated Willie McGee (outfielder) from the 15-day disabled list. Called up Mike Benjamin (infielder) from Phoenix of the Pacific Coast League. Sent Steve Decker (catcher) and Greg Litton (infielder) to Phoenix.
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Buffalo Bills -- Waived Lionel Manuel (wide receiver) and Tim Kalal (punter).
* Philadelphia Eagles -- Signed Mike Schad (guard) to a two-year contract. Agreed to terms with Kenny Jackson (wide receiver) on a one-year contract.