BASEBALL American League * Cleveland Indians -- Placed Rudy Seanez (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list.
* Oakland Athletics -- Acquired Ron Darling (pitcher) from the Montreal Expos for Matt Grott and Russell Cormier (pitchers).
National League * Houston Astros -- Traded Jim Clancy (pitcher) to the Atlanta Braves for Matt Turner (pitcher) and a player to be named.
* Los Angeles Dodgers -- Traded Mike Hartley (pitcher) and Braulio Castillo (outfielder) to the Philadelphia Phillies for Roger McDowell (pitcher).
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Cincinnati Bengals -- Signed Mike Dingle (running back).
* Green Bay Packers -- Signed Chuck Webb (running back) and Chuck Cecil (safety). Waived Joey Hester (punter). Placed Elston Ridgle (defensive lineman) on the waived-injured list.
* Houston Oilers -- Signed Cody Carlson (quarterback) to a two-year contract.
* New York Giants -- Signed Jarrod Bunch (fullback) and John Washington (defensive lineman) to three-year contracts.
* San Diego Chargers -- Released Roland Poles (running back).
HOCKEY (NHL) * Chicago Blackhawks -- Signed Justin Lafayette (left wing) and Rob Conn (right wing).
* Minnesota North Stars -- Named Bob Hoffmeyer coach of Kalamazoo of the International Hockey League.
* New York Rangers -- Named Martin Madden scout.
COLLEGE * Clemson -- Named Jack Leggett assistant head baseball coach.
* Western Carolina -- Announced the resignation of Jack Leggett (baseball coach).
* Wyoming -- Suspended Thomas Williams (defensive tackle) for the 1991 season for disciplinary reasons.
* Yale -- Named Don Brown interim men's baseball coach.