BASEBALL American League * Boston Red Sox -- Placed Tom Bolton (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Recalled Daryl Irvine (pitcher) from Pawtucket of the International League.
* California Angels -- Signed Mike Marshall (first baseman) and assigned him to Edmonton of the Pacific Coast League.
* Chicago White Sox -- Recalled Jeff Carter (pitcher) from Vancouver of the Pacific Coast League. Optioned Greg Hibbard (pitcher) to Vancouver.
* Oakland Athletics -- Designated Vance Law (third baseman) for assignment.
National League * Atlanta Braves -- Recalled Jeff Parrett (pitcher) from Richmond of the International League. Optioned Mike Bell (infielder) to Richmond.
* Houston Astros -- Called up Andujar Cedeno (infielder), Jose Tolentino (first baseman) and Dean Wilkins (pitcher) from Tucson of the Pacific Coast League. Optioned Eric Anthony (outfielder) and Eric Yelding (infielder) to Tucson. Released Ken Oberkfell (infielder).
* Pittsburgh Pirates -- Placed Bob Walk (pitcher) on the 15-day disabled list. Sent Jeff Banister (catcher) to Buffalo of the American Association. Called up Carlos Garcia (infielder) and Tom Prince (catcher) from Buffalo.
FOOTBALL (NFL) * Chicago Bears -- Signed Keith Van Horne (tackle) and Brad Muster (running back) to two-year contracts.
* Cleveland Browns -- Signed Randy Kirk (linebacker).
* Indianapolis Colts -- Waived Terence Barber (wide receiver).
* Los Angeles Raiders -- Signed Bob Golic (defensive lineman).
* Los Angeles Rams -- Signed Robert Cox (tackle).