Corrections

July 26, 1991

Because of an editing error, information on identifying edible flowers was inadvertently omitted from an article in Wednesday's A La Carte.

Susan Belsinger, author of "Flowers in the Kitchen," says consumers should avoid eating cut flowers that have been purchased from a florist or a garden center because the flowers probably have been recently sprayed with pesticides. Herbs or flower plants bought at a garden center are probably safe to use after about a month in your garden, she adds, because the pesticides will have broken down.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.