The following area servicemen recently completed basic military training:
* Airman Michael S. Menowsky, son of Demma D. Bagwell and stepson of retired Air Force Tech. Sgt. Bill Ro. Horton of Severn, completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. He is a 1990 graduate of Meade High School.
* Air National Guard Airman Gene M. Olmo, son of Mr. and Mrs. Larry Olmo of Davidsonville, completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.
* Airman David L. Virden, son of Mr. and Mrs. Donald R.Virden of Pasadena, completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. He is a 1986 graduate of Chesapeake High School.
* Army Reserve Pvt. Michael L. Ostasewski, son of Charles Ostasewski of Severna Park and Charlene Sivert of Columbia, completed training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.
* Airman Keith M. Wozniak, son of Joe M. and Charlotte E. Wozniak of Linthicum Heights, completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. The airman is a 1988 graduate of Southern High School.
* Airman John R. Gerwig, son of John J. Gerwig of Pasadena,completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.
* Airman Bradley V. Smith, son of Jeffrey O. Smith of Annapolis, completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. He is a 1990 graduate of Broadneck High School.
* Airman David J. Mikolajczak, son of Donna E. Mikolajczak of Sterling, Va., and Joseph E. Mikolajczak of Severna Park, completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.
* Airman Daniel K. Knoss, son of Mary D. Fisher of Hibbing, Minn., and Air Force Tech. Sgt. Gary K. Knoss of Fort Meade, completed training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.
* Pvt. Monica L. Belanger, daughter ofSgt. Maurice Richardson of Fort Meade and Flora L. Richardson of South Bend, Ind., completed training at Fort Jackson, S.C.
* Airman John B. Kooper, son of Linda D. Summers of Mount View, Calif., and James E. Kooper of Glen Burnie, completed training at Lackland Air ForceBase, Texas. He is a 1990 graduate of Dundalk High School, Baltimore.
* Airman George D. Peterson, son of retired Air Force Lt. Col. George D. and Jeanette L. Peterson of Annapolis, completed training atLackland Air Force Base, Texas. He is a 1984 graduate of Annapolis High School and a 1989 graduate of Bowie State University.
ILLUSTRATION: PHOTO 1
CAPTION: BRADLEY V. SMITH
Airman completes training
ILLUSTRATION: PHOTO 2
CAPTION: DANIEL K. KNOSS
Basics are over
ILLUSTRATION: PHOTO 3
CAPTION: GEORGE D. PETERSON
Finishes his training
VILCHECK REPLACES MILLS
Navy Lt. Cmdr. John Vilcheck Jr. relieved Navy Lt. Cmdr. Neal Mills as officer-in-charge of the Naval Radio Transmitting Facility in Annapolis at a July 15 change of charge ceremony.
The Naval Radio Transmitting Facility has operated on Greenbury Point since 1918 when it was used for communications between the United States and Europe during World War I. The facility, now staffed with more than 75 military and civilian personnel, provides communications to Atlantic and Mediterranean fleet units. The officer-in-charge reports to the commanding officer, Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Station, Atlantic, in Norfolk, Va.
Mills has been in charge of the facility since July 1988. He will report to Commander, Submarine Force, Atlantic Fleet, laterthis month.
Vilcheck, a native of Cleveland, has served in the Navy since May 1967. He was commissioned under the Limited Duty OfficerProgram in 1981. Before reporting to the Annapolis facility, he was at the Naval Submarine School in Groton, Conn.
Jeffrey D. Kessler recently was commissioned a second lieutenant upon graduation from the U.S. Military Academy, West Point, and awardeda bachelor of science degree.
He is the son of Frank J. Kessler of Odenton and Julie J. Wessel of Huron, S.D.
The lieutenant is scheduled to attend training in the Air Defense Artillery Officer Basic Course at Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas.
The academy is a four-year educational institution, charged with the task of training young Americans to become professional Army officers.
Kamala D. Stevenson has been promoted in the Army to the rank of first lieutenant.
She is a platoon leader at Fort Lewis, Wash.
Stevenson is the daughter of Roy L. Demsey of Baltimore and Glenn E. Dempsey of Glen Burnie.
The lieutenant is a 1984 graduate of Old Mill HighSchool and a 1989 graduate of Howard University in Washington.
NEW RANK FOR JUNGNITSCH
David R. Jungnitsch has been promoted in the Air Force to the rank of master sergeant.
Jungnitsch is a radio maintenance work center supervisor in Davidsonville.
He is the son of retired Air Force Master Sgt. Ronald W. and Claire F. Jungnitsch of San Antonio, Texas.
BROWN NOW MAJOR
Marin Brown, executive officer of the 195th Ordnance Battalion at Fort Dix, N.J., has been promoted in the Army to the rank of major.
Brown is the son of Louise Johnson of Annapolis.
His wife, Cheryl, is the daughter of Earnest Brooks of Baltimore.